Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More like rant than a report

Default More like rant than a report

No secret that the liver bite has been pretty good at the buoy line. Every morning the fleet lines up for the slaughter. I just do my trolling thing. Well, yesterday the wind was up and it was pretty cool which affected the bite all over. I found a pile of fish and within maybe 10 minutes I landed and released 3. Next thing I know 4 or 5 boats descended on the area. 3 rentals and 2 privates. Now, I know I don't own the lake and it was a bit rude to crowd me out like that, but what I saw next has me writing this. As soon as they dropped anchor they (yes they) started chumming. All of these boats were occupied by the same "group". Sorry but if you don't want to be stereotyped then quit this nonsense. Chumming is ILLEGAL! Tell your friends to stop it too. Honest fishermen, following the rule of law, can damage the fishery enough. We don't need chummers and folks stuffing over-limits of fish under seats and floorboards making it worse. Let's all enjoy what can be a healthy fishery together. Thanks.

I've had dudes chuck live bluegills right in front of me and then after me kindly letting them know it was illegal, they used the ole "but i can use a live mackerel in the ocean, what kind of logic is that?" in which of course caused a conundrum because I wasn't going to sit there and explain why fishing live game fish in the ocean is legal, but why it's not in freshwater.

I'd say to include the pamphlet that includes the regulations for that year every single time a person purchases a license, but I know that the pamphlet would get tossed before they even leave the counter, so that probably wouldn't curtail the egregious violations that occur nearly every time I'm on the water.

You can communicate it to them, but it's like communicating to the populous that they should use their turn single before cutting you off. "Rules? Those were meant for the next guy, not me."

Que sera, sera.

At least you got a few tugs on your line. I'd been hearing the Skinner bite has been very finicky.

Default Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    No secret that the liver bite has been pretty good at the buoy line. Every morning the fleet lines up for the slaughter. I just do my trolling thing. Well, yesterday the wind was up and it was pretty cool which affected the bite all over. I found a pile of fish and within maybe 10 minutes I landed and released 3. Next thing I know 4 or 5 boats descended on the area. 3 rentals and 2 privates. Now, I know I don't own the lake and it was a bit rude to crowd me out like that, but what I saw next has me writing this. As soon as they dropped anchor they (yes they) started chumming. All of these boats were occupied by the same "group". Sorry but if you don't want to be stereotyped then quit this nonsense. Chumming is ILLEGAL! Tell your friends to stop it too. Honest fishermen, following the rule of law, can damage the fishery enough. We don't need chummers and folks stuffing over-limits of fish under seats and floorboards making it worse. Let's all enjoy what can be a healthy fishery together. Thanks.

Pat , I feel the frustration but it seems to happen at every lake around not just skinner.
    The good news is the bait bite is winding down as a few fisherman are catching here and there its just being in the right spot at the right time.
    So from here on out it looks like those that put the time and effort in might get rewarded. But they will have to work at it , takes a lot more effort then dropping down bait and hooking up.

Pat I hear your outrage. For what it's worth myself and a couple of fellow anglers have put "We TiP" on speed dial on our cell phones and take pictures when we see rule breakers. One of my friends recently had a Game Warden bust a pair of guys after he had called a couple of hours earlier. Just a picture of the boat with the CF number gives the wardens a link to a name and address. With probable cause (your tip and photos) wardens do not need a search warrant to do a search at someones home, boat or vehicle.

........probably the same guys that were snagging shads for the stripers.........take there pics of the people and the boats I/d number .......email to the dfg..........with what they are doing...........it drove the poachers away from pyramid ...........

And the fun just keeps getting funner. Trolling straight ahead using my Ipilot so not swerving or veering. I see a rental full of our friends coming from a 45 degree angle to intercept my path. Surely they see me trolling along and will give the right of way since I was on that heading well before they entered the area. Not only did they cross my path but they stopped dead ahead of me and dropped anchor!!! maybe 50 feet ahead of me. WTF!? I killed the motor and reeled in my rig before letting them know the stupidity of their actions, then sped off to the opposite side of the lake. Sheesh!

I have found that when you know the offending parties vehicle this perfume satisfies my need for revenge. http://www.murrayslures.com/Skunk-Es...re-p/ml406.htm

Works great also for those that take up two parking spaces, park in handicap spaces.....well you get the idea.

And then there is the drunk that comes too close to shore in the rental boat and almost strips the spectra off your reels claiming he has the right, when you check him he goes and gets the rest of his "crew", all of them drunk and shirtless, thank god the sheriff intervenes to save their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    And the fun just keeps getting funner. Trolling straight ahead using my Ipilot so not swerving or veering. I see a rental full of our friends coming from a 45 degree angle to intercept my path. Surely they see me trolling along and will give the right of way since I was on that heading well before they entered the area. Not only did they cross my path but they stopped dead ahead of me and dropped anchor!!! maybe 50 feet ahead of me. WTF!? I killed the motor and reeled in my rig before letting them know the stupidity of their actions, then sped off to the opposite side of the lake. Sheesh!
    Summer is a coming... Maybe consider leasing a slip at one of the harbor marinas and treat yourself to some rest and wide open multi species fishing! I know for fact that even the calico/sand bass fishing has been wide open for months and other species are soon to follow! Its Just a great alternative
    to the day in day out STUPIDITY of So Cal fresh water fishing!

We should have left them in Asia!! I remember when they would come down to the Salton Sea and gill-net the hell out of the corvina. Next day the fish were for sale in Garden Grove!!! Usually 200 plus lbs.

Dsrttrtse
    Last edited by Dsrt Tortise; 03-28-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast