Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puddingstone Report and Video + Mystery Fishing Lure

1. Default Puddingstone Report and Video + Mystery Fishing Lure

Fished Puddingstone yesterday morning for several hours. Weather was 56F. Very slow fishing but I managed to land one (see video below).

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQyZSaZcu0E

Water was muddy, offcolor. High water too, I've never been there when the water was up underneath the bridge near the little cove.

Only spotted a few people fishing on the shore, bait 'n wait. No other bass anglers. Couple of folks on SUPs on the lake.

The release...

Found this lure. Any idea on what kind of lure this is? It looks antique, but in fantastic condition:

Interesting find! That's a Spinno Minno, from the 40's or 50's I would guess.

http://www.lurelore.com/spinno2.html

No luck there yet for me this season..water was dingy last time i went and even worse since last rain i am guessing...have had better luck at Peck rd.

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

so the fish are now unsafe to eat at puddingstone as well ? i saw a sign like that at peck road (which is not surpirising) .. but I wasnt expected that from puddingstone

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian323 View Post
    so the fish are now unsafe to eat at puddingstone as well ? i saw a sign like that at peck road (which is not surpirising) .. but I wasnt expected that from puddingstone
    Yep, that is why they stopped stocking rainbow trout there. Odd reason though, as rainbows stocked there would probably be the healthiest fish to eat, as they wouldn't be in the lake too long. Unlike the carp and catfish.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Interesting find! That's a Spinno Minno, from the 40's or 50's I would guess.

http://www.lurelore.com/spinno2.html
    Whoa! You are fast! Thanks, knew FNN wouldn't let me down. Amazing to find such an old lure just lying on the shore at the lake, in great condition. Someone has probably been using it for a while.

Thanks and nice vid and pics, just love that old lure.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Thanks and nice vid and pics, just love that old lure.
    Another photo of the mystery lure, now know as the Spinno Minno!

From shinBob's link, it looks like this is one of the older versions of the Spinno, based on the design of the middle spinner

Cool find,might of been lost by an old guy named Whitey who years ago only threw cranks at the Puddle,he was pretty successful to,as I recall.

Cya Tuna Vic

Those Spinno Minno's are going for up to $60 on ebay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast