Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Fishing in the IE: Mmmm (Video)

1. Default Bass Fishing in the IE: Mmmm (Video)

Took a little trip out to an old favorite fishing spot in the Inland Empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkaqdCyvGAw

Landed 4 or so bass in a few hours. Most of the fish were not on beds yet. Only spotted a few other bass anglers, most people were going after catfish and trout. I believe they are still stocking catfish, just no more trout.

Fish were all caught on the usual soft plastics. Great cover back there to explore!

Bass are catch and release only, helping to contribute to a nice fishery for them.

Good video. How have you been?

So what's the deal at FR. Do you just show up and pay and go fish? Do they have boats for rental?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    So what's the deal at FR. Do you just show up and pay and go fish? Do they have boats for rental?
    Yes, pay to fish. No boats for rent.

Hey Bowler, I'm well, hope you are well!

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post

What's the name of this place? I would love to go check it out.

Is Fisherman's Retreat a good place for beginners to try their hand at bass fishing? I've always wanted to give it a go but definitely don't have knowledge of where to even begin. I looked up a few things and saw tutorials on riggging Yum Crawdads or using poppers, etc.

A few of us use to go there and fish but haven't recently due to the big bushes that's over crowding the lake. They don't seem to care for any maintenance. If you bass fish you probably don't want to go there and spend 15 dollars for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Mongler View Post
    A few of us use to go there and fish but haven't recently due to the big bushes that's over crowding the lake. They don't seem to care for any maintenance. If you bass fish you probably don't want to go there and spend 15 dollars for nothing.
    Thank you for the reply and information. I've always wanted to try my hand at bass fishing and started to hear the name Fisherman's Retreat consistently.

I'm doing good. Been running and training for races the last years. Ran four 5k last year and ran my first 10k two weeks ago and now training for a half marathon in September

Nice Vid! Went out last sunday and watched two dads and 4 kids pull 14 fish out of that same spot!!! Place is nutz right now. Saw a couple 6++ fish come up. Dudes on the pond prowler were killing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast