Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL shore 3/20

Default DVL shore 3/20

The slow slope of sandy bottom give no structure for the bass to the right of the marina. Unless you walk ALL the way to the major point. It has rock and deep water slopes nearby - its holding fish. Saw several shallow, got one fat healthy girl around 6 pounds to bite a fluke. Clear water. Nothing else for 2 hours. Senkos and Ikas. There is better structure on the west side of the point to the left of the marina and is a shorter hike.
    Spring is here - good luck out there.

Hey thanks for the report! Sounds pretty good to me did you sight fish that big girl?

No. Blind cast on a deeper slope. She didn't pull hard at first, just slowly came up. As she got to the surface, she opened her mouth and jumped, then took off on a few strong runs...fun times.

The area to the right of the marina or west was loaded with diving birds and bait late summer and fall.
    It is flat like you say (except for the point) but there is some new thick grass lines in there with the new current low water levels.

I thought DVL was closed?!

May have to strap up the hiking boots and the snake gaiters and make a run out there soon.

Last time on the shore this guy gave me a visit, be careful out there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snake 2.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	47965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snake 1.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	47966