Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jess Ranch 3-20-16

Default Jess Ranch 3-20-16

Decided to drive up to Jess Ranch and try my luck at Cats, since they been biting at Yucaipa for the past 3 weeks and the one i caught at Silverwood on Wednesday.I fished from 7 to 3:30 and managed to catch 1 cat but i did have my chances.
    Got five good bites,one bite while the rod was in my hand and the fished even pulled drag,then it was gone!
    Didn't even make a attempt at setting the hook !!
    I think i was using too big of a hook (a size that a never use).Right after i changed to the size hook that i always use on the first pole,bait it,cast it out....BAM fish on while reeling in the slack from the cast!!Funny how that happens!!
    I didn't get anymore bites after changing hooks, i'am never using those other hooks again they cost me fish
    I was off my game today definitely, or maybe it was the 6 Corona's i drank because i never drink when i go fishing (the fish don't like when i drink beer, that's what i tell my girlfriend).
    Anyway's, they were biting, the guy's next to me caught 3 and a guy also had two on his stringer when i was leaving.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	47962
    I almost thought i was going to eat snake instead of fish. My girlfriend freaked out after i text her "i caught something" with only the first picture attached ( it wasn't zoomed in like it is here in the attachment).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jess ranch.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	47963Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (2).jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	47964
    She asked was it a worm? I told her "YEAH...ZOOM IN ON IT" with her phone. Ha-ha
    Last edited by dA KittY PuniSheR; 03-20-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Yeah Jess Ranch is pretty cool always fished trout there never cats,always thought it was interesting on the way home when getting near the freeway,there's a big shopping center parking lot on the north side,and in that lot they had quite a few people selling dogs puppies out of there cars,we saw it about 3times,is it still happening?

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Yeah Jess Ranch is pretty cool always fished trout there never cats,always thought it was interesting on the way home when getting near the freeway,there's a big shopping center parking lot on the north side,and in that lot they had quite a few people selling dogs puppies out of there cars,we saw it about 3times,is it still happening?

Cya Tuna Vic
    I haven't seen it in quite some time. Assuming they clamped down on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    ... they had quite a few people selling dogs puppies out of there cars,we saw it about 3times,is it still happening?
    That's pretty disgusting.

The worst part is that the people who are actually gullible enough to buy puppies outta that puppy mill will have years of vet bills to pay because these people think it's ok to be interbreeding.

Damn shame.