Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL-Hooked on Fishing

Default DVL-Hooked on Fishing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1901[1].jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	47935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1900[1].jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	47936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1895[1].jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	47937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1891[1].jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	47938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1896[1].jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	47939

Went to the lake on Sunday for the first bass fishing trip of the year with the kids. My daughter didn't want to go when the it came time to wake up but at the last second changed her mind and jumped in the truck. We rented a standard fishing boat for a half day and started fishing the southeast side of the lake. After about two hours I only had a one peck on a jig so I decided to head over to the northwest side of the lake where I have had good luck. Every year prior to this one fishing involved me hooking the fish for the kids to land. But this year I noticed that the kids were more focused and following my instructions. We pulled up to a point and started fishing. As we fished into the back of an adjacent cove I caught a two pounder tight to the shore on a Texas rigged plastic. I told the kids that I have had some epic days fishing at this part of the lake and for them to get ready! Within a couple of casts my daughter swings and sticks a nice 18" fish, her first ever all by herself. It was high five time on the boat. She couldn't stop smiling. I re-rigged her drop shot set up and within two more casts she sticks another 18" fish! More high fives and hoops and hollers. We only had about an hour left because we had to go to celebrate Grandmas birthday and my son still hadn't caught a fish. I felt a short bite on my Texas rig so I told my son to cast his drop shot rig right where I was bit. Sure enough he rears back on the big fish of the day, a legit three pounder. A perfect ending to our first bass fishing trip of the year. Both kids caught their first bass on artificial baits. The kids begged me to stay and keep fishing but we had to go. Needless to say I don't think I will have any problems getting fishing partners anymore.

Great report. Nothing better than a day on the water with the kids and putting them on fish. Lifetime memories for everyone that money can't buy. Great job Dad.

That is too awesome. Good job Dad!

Awesome report, thanks for sharing. They look so stoked! Quality time on the water with family that's what it's all about right there, hope they're hooked for life. Way to go Dad!

Thanks DEVOREFLYER, CityAngler and OG MUDBONE,
    It was a special day, one I'll never forget. I forgot to mention it was a gorgeous day too. Such light pressure on the lake with only rental boats out. Worth every penny.

Way to go! My 7yo fishes w me just about everywhere. I still can't wait until we can launch in DVL again. We've got some good memories at that lake. (Inserting favorite DVL pic here)

Last edited by Baja1ab; 03-15-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Wow such great times! My kids are older now and hitting the salt mines so we don't get to go as often as we used to but the grand kids are getting into it now and ask to go every time they're over!

Baja1ab, that is an outstanding picture of your son...warms my heart with my fond memories!

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    Wow such great times! My kids are older now and hitting the salt mines so we don't get to go as often as we used to but the grand kids are getting into it now and ask to go every time they're over!

Baja1ab, that is an outstanding picture of your son...warms my heart with my fond memories!
    I agree that is a magical picture. Something that cant be planned. Sun coming up, mist on the water, you and your best buddy with the lake to yourselves. Sweet.

Great report Dad
    Had to laugh when I saw your son, "Bunny Ear" the fish...
    God Bless,
    Robert
    <><

Awesome sticking it out and getting them on the fish.
    Great job dad!