Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Hello from Covina!

Default Hello from Covina!

Hello everyone and Happy Monday! I am new and thought I would introduce myself. I am new to the fishing world and from what little experience I have gathered over the past few years since I started fishing...I am in love! My first trip was freshwater fishing out of Lake Hemet and I have since ventured into saltwater fishing. I used to frequent Newport Bay every Sunday and still do on occasion when my schedule allows me. I may not know a lot about all the technical aspects but I sure do love to fish! One sucky part to my love for fishing is I get seasick hehe. Hasn't stopped me though from participating in fishing trips out on the deep sea. Just makes it uncomfortable sometimes. I'll be fishing Lake Cachuma this weekend so hopefully, can catch something!

I look forward to learning and receiving tips from anyone willing to give a gal a chance.

Near future trips:
    -Alaska
    -Sierras
    -Montana

Have a great day!

welcome to fnn. don't forget to post your results on your trips.

Thank you for the welcome, dpaulus9! I won't forget and hopefully, will have something to report:). Weather is looking to be nice this weekend. Wish you a great week!

Hello & Welcome to the site.

Lots of info can be learned here if you are willing to put in some time on the boards.
    Do you get sick on both fresh and salt water?
    Try taking some Dramamine before heading out.
    Fishing is a great sport and both the physical and mental benefits are rewarding.
    Enjoy your time on the water,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by kmagz7 View Post
    Hello everyone and Happy Monday! I am new and thought I would introduce myself. I am new to the fishing world and from what little experience I have gathered over the past few years since I started fishing...I am in love! My first trip was freshwater fishing out of Lake Hemet and I have since ventured into saltwater fishing. I used to frequent Newport Bay every Sunday and still do on occasion when my schedule allows me. I may not know a lot about all the technical aspects but I sure do love to fish! One sucky part to my love for fishing is I get seasick hehe. Hasn't stopped me though from participating in fishing trips out on the deep sea. Just makes it uncomfortable sometimes. I'll be fishing Lake Cachuma this weekend so hopefully, can catch something!

I look forward to learning and receiving tips from anyone willing to give a gal a chance.

Near future trips:
    -Alaska
    -Sierras
    -Montana

Have a great day!
    Hello and welcome.

Sierras: Upper Owens near mammoth, theres a lot of lakes but i feel like fish are more concentrated in the river. But lakes are better for beginners.
    Montana: My favorite place to fish: Madison, Beaverhead, Yellowstone, Flathead (Glacier NP) as well as many others. All of the mountain states (any state I guess) have great fishing if you know where to look.
    Alaska: Get a guide.
    Last edited by Albert B; 03-14-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Hi Robert!

Thank you for your reply. I definitely intend to take in as much as I can from the forum.

Unfortunately, I get my sea sickness can happen anywhere: standing on a swaying dock throwing out a plastic, on a boat, on a swervy road driving up to a spot, etc. I usually have a routine in which I take dramamine the night before, another when I wake up in the morning and throughout the day as necessary. I have tried utilizing ginger as well to help combat my sea sickness. Sometimes I don't get sea sick but when the waters are super choppy, it happens.

I look forward to reaping all the benefits to improve my fishing expertise!

Thank you again and wish you plenty of fishing fun!

Near future trips:
    -Alaska
    -Sierras
    -Montana

Have a great day!
    Hello neighborhood, I live in west covina area and if you need some help or any tips i would glad to show you. I fish both salt and fresh water.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    Hello neighborhood, I live in west covina area and if you need some help or any tips i would glad to show you. I fish both salt and fresh water.
    Thank you! I appreciate that very much! I have so much to learn! When is your next fishing excursion? Do you get out and fish a lot?

Thank you! I appreciate that very much! I have so much to learn! When is your next fishing excursion? Do you get out and fish a lot?
    Yes we go out once a week and this Sunday we are going to puddingstone for bass. PM me so we can talk more