Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 3.13 ghost town

Default 3.13 ghost town

I don't think I've ever seen the Wood this deserted on a weekend.
    Got launched a little before 8, and right out the gate got a nice striper in Miller. Continued to troll around for another hour in Miller for nothing (which seems to happen to me a lot, get hit first thing, then nothing for lap after lap). Headed to Cleghorn, got tapped a couple times on the leadcore rig, then finally got her to stick. Got them both around 17' of depth. Water temp 50 degrees, and the level looks like it came up a little since last time.
    Gave up around 11 as the wind got nasty and cold. Both the stripeys were about 2-3lbs (nice size, seems like they're getting better), loaded with roe, and one even had yellow powerbait in its gut. Weird! Some fish will eat anything.
    Met one guy on the ramp who got one trout that looked to be less than a pound. He was shore fishing the Miller side of the ramp.

Thank you for taking the time for your report. I am glad you got bit and the guy on the shore had a trout. I have fished Lake Silverwood for too many years and know what to do when the wind does it's thing.
    Anyway keep fishing and I enjoy your outing reports.
    TL's
    Bill

Cool, no skunk on Joe's boat. Still trolling Raps and flukes?

Graveyard? Should have seen it Friday night in the wind and rain. 50 is still a little cold need 3-4 more degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Cool, no skunk on Joe's boat. Still trolling Raps and flukes?
    Hey Pat! Yeah I mostly troll flukes on a scrounger head, but lately they've been loving the gulp minnows. Sometimes they like the bigger flukes, sometimes the little ones get the love. The hardbaits don't produce nearly as well, hence I rarely use them.
    Am I missing out on anything special at Skinner, or is it the same old same old?

When it warms up, I'm sure the bite will improve big time. Last May they were really going off at the mouth of the channel.

Joe, you have a PM

.......x-raps.................