Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Who has fished the Philippines?

Default Who has fished the Philippines?

This may I going to get the chance to go the Philippines for vacation. While I'm there I going to bring some of my gear. I'm going to take crappie jigs, swim baits, crank baits and some top water lures. Has anyone fish there with any luck? Do you think what I'm bring should be a good amount of lures or should I bring some other types?

Pinoy blood but 100% Cali 626 raised. Did vac8n 2015 Manila I wished the same. Most mnl crappy h20 from wat I saw n understand. Lots of poverty , trash rivers and black oceans. Typical 3rd world living unfortunately. Did visit Iloilo , gigantes n boracAy. Water clearer and some resort areas. But no time to fish. From wAt I saw at local fish markets there are few tunas and Abundant seafoods there shipped in. Iloilo dried fish capital well known. Boracay had huge prawns n lobsters they can cook up for u on the spot. I think they really follow the tides there and have to know the seasons well. Because 7000 islands appear and disappear with the tidal waters!!!!Gud luck
    Last edited by BALLERONBUDGET; 03-11-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    Pinoy blood but 100% Cali 626 raised. Did vac8n 2015 Manila I wished the same. Most mnl crappy h20 from wat I saw n understand. Lots of poverty , trash rivers and black oceans. Typical 3rd world living unfortunately. Did visit Iloilo , gigantes n boracAy. Water clearer and some resort areas. But no time to fish. From wAt I saw at local fish markets there are few tunas and Abundant seafoods there shipped in. Iloilo dried fish capital well known. Boracay had huge prawns n lobsters they can cook up for u on the spot. I think they really follow the tides there and have to know the seasons well. Because 7000 islands appear and disappear with the tidal waters!!!!Gud luck
    Im in the 626 area too, my wife in filipino but she was born and raised in California. I know she told me the rivers is trashy. But i would love to catcn something and give it to her family or the locals over there.

Same here stateside born. Pm me for any info I can be help of. Also really depends where u gonna visit. Again pinas is size of California. As for as catching not sure unless maybe Ure in the Provinces or remote areas. There's 90 % population struggling to stay afloat n the 10% that flaunt the good life. Little or no middle class when average good salary is $10day if u lucky enough. Yeah tough way of life no doubt. One visit n you'll never complain about anything in the u.s. again.

for largemouth bass...yes there are LMB in the Philippines planted by American soldiers I believe in WWII.
    - Lake Caliraya in Cavinti Laguna. There are resorts there where you can rent a traditional pinoy banca outrigger or if you prefer a boat.
    - Pantabangan Dam in Nueva Ecija province is better for LMB. They're bigger. There are also places you can stay there.

For pay pond like resort
    - Lago fishing village also in Cavinti Laguna offers freshwater tilapia, and south american fish like pacu, and other fish like pangasius and toman. All fish with the exception of the tilapia are catch and release only. Tilapia you have to pay for how many pounds of fish you take.

For saltwater species like dodos, sailfish, amberjack,dogtooth tuna, wahoo etc... you have many options
    - Laiya and calubcob Batangas have many local banca outriggers owned by fishermen you can hire to take you fishing
    - Pundaquit in Zambales province is getting renowned now among local anglers for jigging and trolling. Lots of monsters like dogtooth tuna, amberjacks, wahoos, ruby snappers, etc.. Night fishing I heard is beginning to be popular with local anglers, plus you avoid the heat. There are also resorts there you can stay and they can hook you up with a local fisherman to take you out fishing. They also rent out kayaks. You can also go to nearby islands there and cast from shore. The place is just beautiful.