Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Perris 3-5-16

Awww Man.... WTF!?!

Quote Originally Posted by JDS13 View Post
    That is awesome, Draven you are my hero.
    Now is Draven using Dixie Fry, or straight up corn meal?

Inquiring minds want to know!

OH NO YOU DI'INT!!!!!!!!!!

Can we get some recipes, btw? (Ignore the haters)

Usually when I cook my largemouth, they taste like carp. Crap. Whatever.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, unless the mud tasting is part of the experience.

Panko dogg, panko!

I don't get it. Why use crawdads to catch bass if your a meat hunter. I mean..geesh. Bass sells for $5.99 a pound at market and crawdads $9.99 per pound. Bless the dads taste like mini lobsters...bass like carp

No, the fish aren't just sport fish. And really, not one person on here, myself included, has any business or right to tell people what they should be doing with their own effin fish. Mind your own dang business and worry about you. Taking your limit off of bass beds does not harm the population, nor does it affect the gene pool. Its basic math and statistics that was covered in 11th grade public school. Thats why they have a limit. If they were in any danger populace wise, it would be catch and release only. People who pay to get in and manage to catch 2 fish have every right to exercise their allowance and eat it. A female bass only has to have 2 eggs successfully make it to adulthood in her entire life to make your limit a wash. How many fish can you take home in a year? How many eggs does a sow lay? 2 successful kids and your day is covered. That replaces herself and her buck. Those fish that are pulled off the beds have already spawned 3 to 4 times already. It's not overfished, that's absurd. Go out on the water right now and tell me its being fished out, either youre blind, a hunter and not an angler, or you are just two fries short of a happy meal.You guys wanna complain that your trophy fish are being turned into dinner, when many people fish for exactly that reason. I'm not keen to riding around a pretty bass boat with a bunch of bs sponsors all over my shirt and break fishing down like it's some kind of fission reaction. I caught a 4lb buck on Friday right off his bed, and I ate him. And it was better than a filet-o-frankenfish. Maybe you "shirt" guys should get a PETA patch and stick it on your chest, and please don't use metal hooks, the fish should choose to come to you and not be barbarically hooked in the face. That way your trophies don't get scarred and your YouTube selfie cam will have a perfect fish to show off to all your...friends. The lake belongs to everyone, the fish belong to everyone, the spots belong to everyone. If you care so dang much about "your" fish how bout you stop worrying about what others are doing and go pick up all ur adrift fishing line, soda cans, diapers, cigarette butts and loogies. I'm sure the fish would appreciate it instead of dying from getting tangled, becoming caffeine addicts, eating human feces, developing lung cancer, and contracting some kind of herpes simplex virus. If you see me catch a nice bass, put it on a stringer and then throw it in a box, congratulate me, ask me what I used or do not say a word to me. I go fish to escape drama not to listen to the KVD wannabes get on a soap box. I have a wife to do that. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by brohamslice View Post
    No, the fish aren't just sport fish. And really, not one person on here, myself included, has any business or right to tell people what they should be doing with their own effin fish. Mind your own dang business and worry about you. Taking your limit off of bass beds does not harm the population, nor does it affect the gene pool. Its basic math and statistics that was covered in 11th grade public school. Thats why they have a limit. If they were in any danger populace wise, it would be catch and release only. People who pay to get in and manage to catch 2 fish have every right to exercise their allowance and eat it. A female bass only has to have 2 eggs successfully make it to adulthood in her entire life to make your limit a wash. How many fish can you take home in a year? How many eggs does a sow lay? 2 successful kids and your day is covered. That replaces herself and her buck. Those fish that are pulled off the beds have already spawned 3 to 4 times already. It's not overfished, that's absurd. Go out on the water right now and tell me its being fished out, either youre blind, a hunter and not an angler, or you are just two fries short of a happy meal.You guys wanna complain that your trophy fish are being turned into dinner, when many people fish for exactly that reason. I'm not keen to riding around a pretty bass boat with a bunch of bs sponsors all over my shirt and break fishing down like it's some kind of fission reaction. I caught a 4lb buck on Friday right off his bed, and I ate him. And it was better than a filet-o-frankenfish. Maybe you "shirt" guys should get a PETA patch and stick it on your chest, and please don't use metal hooks, the fish should choose to come to you and not be barbarically hooked in the face. That way your trophies don't get scarred and your YouTube selfie cam will have a perfect fish to show off to all your...friends. The lake belongs to everyone, the fish belong to everyone, the spots belong to everyone. If you care so dang much about "your" fish how bout you stop worrying about what others are doing and go pick up all ur adrift fishing line, soda cans, diapers, cigarette butts and loogies. I'm sure the fish would appreciate it instead of dying from getting tangled, becoming caffeine addicts, eating human feces, developing lung cancer, and contracting some kind of herpes simplex virus. If you see me catch a nice bass, put it on a stringer and then throw it in a box, congratulate me, ask me what I used or do not say a word to me. I go fish to escape drama not to listen to the KVD wannabes get on a soap box. I have a wife to do that. Cheers!
    I love to listen to peoples logic and then point out the other side of the coin. You seem to believe there is some great fish organization that monitors all lakes and streams and the ocean. When they feel a body of water or a particular species of fish is threatened by overfishing, this group jumps in there and changes the limits BEFORE any long term harm is done. My response to your believe is hardee har har!!!!!!! Do you know how many examples of lakes or species of fish I can name that makes your believe hog wash!!!!!! (quite a few)

Let's look at your believe in another way. Most Bass fishermen do practice Catch & Release. Since Bass are not stocked as a put and take fish like a Catfish or Trout. It wouldn't take long if everybody took their legal limit home with them every time they fish to totally decimate the population in any given lake. As you said in your rant, basic math covered in the 11th grade. Try to tell me my statement is illogical!!!

I understand that fish taste yummy!!! I ate some fresh caught tuna last week at my friends house. But why eat a fish in California that makes you the skunk at the picnic???? Let me give you another example to prove that point!!! We will use the example of meat in general. In the USA it's socially acceptable to eat cows, pigs and chickens. In Europe they eat a fair amount of horse meat. Not so socially acceptable here. Now I'm going for the big guns to prove my point, how about eating dogs and cats and rats!!!!! Totally legal and acceptable in developing country's. Now if you tried barbecuing dog meat every Saturday in your backyard and let the whole neighborhood know your doing it. Why would you want to bring that stigma to your self???? Same way a lot of people feel in killing a Bass to eat. The dog example was probably a little too extreme!!! So let's substitute eating rats, totally legal but "NOT SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-10-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brohamslice View Post
    ^^^^^^
    LMAO! Epic Fnn rant dude!
    I think the powers that be should increase the limit to five and make it mandatory the fish must be killed and kept. It's just flat out torture to stick those poor fish with those big sharp hooks then let them live to grow big. And those dang things aren't even native to these half full mud puddle man made lakes anyways. And here's the deal, all you idiots who own those big shiny bass boats, you didn't build them, you didn't earn them and you don't deserve them. You are all just a bunch of selfish Bass snobs. There you are with all your snazzy expensive fishing gear that you didn't build or earn trying to catch lunkers just so you can take selfies and post them on Fnn and facebook, bunch of self important narcissists you are, indeed. I think you should be forced to either buy or give everyone who doesn't have a boat like yours one so they all can go around and pull all those non native Green Carps off their beds and kill em all! It should be easy with all the millions of unlicensed bucket brigadiers who lurk on all these forums and at the so cal mud puddles, oh and facebook too. Especially with these so called lakes being only half full. Besides, since all the cover for their fry is high and dry, their gonna get eaten by all those pesky lunkers anyways. And as for you stupid tournament guys, there's nothing special about catching those rare 8lb and above lunkers, its just not fair to the average fish who only grows to 4-5bs in their entire lifetime so I think your bag weights shouldn't matter cause its not fair to the other anglers who didn't catch one bigger than 4 lbs, so I think everyone should win a participation trophy and then the winner should be decided by winning all 5 coin flips. I think I fried my happy meal and now I wanna go piss my wife off and shoot some bucks and sows...:o

Let’s compare California to Texas as an example.

Texas has the highest number of fishing licenses issued in the country and a lot of people eat the fish they catch and very few people complain about it.

In Texas they have a program to borrow rods, reels and tackle boxes with hooks, sinkers and bobbers for up to 7 days of fishing. It’s like going to the library and checking out a book. California no program exists.

In Texas a “Learn to fish program”. A fun, hands-on learning 3-hour event for youth (ages 5+) and adults. All equipment provided. No fishing license required. California no program exists.

In Texas because of the fishing pressure they stock over 7.5 million Florida strain Largemouth Bass a year. California no program exists.

In Texas they have a “ShareLunker” program. This is where fisherman are rewarded to have a 13 lb or greater Largemouth Bass delivered alive and in good condition to a Texas Parks and Wildlife Department representative within 12 hours after capture. These fish are placed into the hatchery as breeding stock to help keep the gene pool for big fish perpetuated. At the end of spawning season, the ShareLunker will be returned to the angler for live release, or the angler may donate it permanently to the program. Either way, the angler receives a fiberglass replica of the catch made by Lake Fork Taxidermy, ShareLunker clothing, and recognition at an annual awards banquet held at TFFC. In addition, the Texas resident catching the largest entry of the season is awarded a lifetime fishing license. California no program exists.

If someone is butt hurt over the fact that some of us want to preserve the fish stock and fishing for generations to come perhaps they should vent their anger at the California Fish & Wildlife dept. We pay the highest angler license fees in the country and get the least return for our money spent. And the Trout stocking this year sucked beyond belief both in size and quantity. This and you can count on both hands and have fingers left over at the number of people that show up a Fish & Game commission meeting. We are being screwed by the state and no one seems to care.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast