Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Mirada lake

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Fortunately I have high hopes for the Bass fishing to pick up again. A few years ago the DFG did some shocking in the lake and took 10 large Bass out to study them. I thought great that's 15-20% of the Adult Bass population in there and now there gone. Fortunately the Bucket Biologist quickly restocked the lake with some nice Bass. (it an easy lake to do that at) So for the next 2 years the Bass fishing was really good in there. (till the 1 man wrecking crew showed up) I saw him take several Bass a month out of there for quite awhile. So who knows what's left in there now. Another good thing is the reduced trout stockings in there!!!! Why????? No big flock of cormorants in there eating the trout and then switching over to the Bass & Bluegill. So I do have hope again for the lake!!!
    If Tilapia find their way into the lake the bass will grow even bigger. Higher protein forage fish.

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    Does the lake actually have a decent blue gill bite and can you fish after dark at the lake? Thanks
    In the warmer months when I'm fishing for catfish with mealworms and a bobber, the bluegill in a few spots are pretty aggressive. I swear when I catch a bluegill at night their usually pretty big. So I guess you can say IF you know where to go the bluegill fishing is pretty good. Fishing at night that's a good question. Technically it's a no no!!! Of over 500 times I've fished their at night, I've never been told to leave. (for me I was fishing in the daylight and it got dark on me) But I'm never in a panic to leave as soon as the sun went down. I have heard on some super rare occasion the police have asked people to stop fishing after dark. But I have never ever heard of someone ever getting a ticket for fishing there after dark. People are walking through the park at night all the time, so fishing really isn't that big of a deal. But you know what??? Of all the park lakes that I've fished, La Mirada fishes best in the day light.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-08-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Etucker I would like to meet you there I fish it pretty regularly between 10 am and 2:30 pm I'm an old guy with a raider cap buy I never catch anything now I know why

Quote Originally Posted by canusmellwhat i'mhookin View Post
    Etucker I would like to meet you there I fish it pretty regularly between 10 am and 2:30 pm I'm an old guy with a raider cap buy I never catch anything now I know why
    No problem!!! I love meeting and making new friends. I'm going to fish for Carp & Catfish, what's your fish of choice??? I do know that lake like the back of my hand, so we have a puncher's chance for success!!!! lol

I like bass but anything that bends a pole in good

Quote Originally Posted by canusmellwhat i'mhookin View Post
    I like bass but anything that bends a pole in good
    I can't tell how many adult Bass are left in there, but it is definitely the right time of the year to fish for them!!!

Never seen a black guy catch a bass in my life,To much work.

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Twister View Post
    no come back? Going to Brite sunday, i will post. Out of town,low fishing pressure, NO COME BACK? peace MY FREINDS

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Twister View Post
    Ok I'll make a comment!!!! I think because soon to be President Trump is a racist, we are all getting numb to racist statements!!!! lol

Default Trump

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Ok I'll make a comment!!!! I think because soon to be President Trump is a racist, we are all getting numb to racist statements!!!! lol
    Raise your right hand and pledge. The future is coming. I will be fishing. I dont care anymore,what a bunch of bs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast