Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 03-05-2016 El Dorado and Ralph B Clarke

Default 03-05-2016 El Dorado and Ralph B Clarke

Got to El Dorado at 7:30am. Super busy, but I was antsy to wet a line so I didn't see the sign that read "Area 3 Closed". Started out at the first lake, and lost a new crankbait, so I was pissed and was going to go to lake 3-5. Found out that there was a Obstacle course Inflatable 5k which took up the entire Area 3. I tried to make the best of it and worked Lake 2. There were about 8 anglers and literally over 10 cormorants. I kept on accidentally hitting the cormorants with my t-rig. I got one hit, but missed it as it swam towards me on the bite and I wasnt paying attention. Decided that El Dorado was bunk, so moved to Ralph B. Clarke and got there around 11am. Saw one bedding bass on the lillypad cove. It was super spooked. Bedding bass are not my cup of tea either, so I moved on. However, it indicated that the other bass will be moving in to spawn as well, so they were hungry. Got a call that pissed me off, which threw me off my A game for a bit as I was just casting to relieve stress. Finally honed in on the color and retrieve as I got one major hit by a 1.5lb-2lb bass. Came unbuttoned after the second aerial. Was using a Santone 1/4oz jig with a Z-man turbo craw trailer. I should have spent all morning at Ralph B. Clarke had I known Area 3 was closed at Eldo. Funny thing was that at Ralph B Clarke park, these photographers with ginormous cameras were chasing these (im guessing seasonal and rare) ducks/fowl/birds and snapping pictures. There were around 8 photographers all running to one side taking pictures, they reminded me of ducks themselves haha!

Get that Prespawn bite while you can, people! Sheesh, we need to make a petition to get rid of these cormorants from the inland city parks and lakes. Screw them, they dont need protection anymore. Swear 5 of them go through more bass in a week than any poacher in a month.

i agree... the cormorants are already being killed off by state officials in many states across the nation for there invasive and eco-system
    disturbing nature.

Quote Originally Posted by paulito View Post
    Got to El Dorado at 7:30am. Super busy, but I was antsy to wet a line so I didn't see the sign that read "Area 3 Closed". Started out at the first lake, and lost a new crankbait, so I was pissed and was going to go to lake 3-5. Found out that there was a Obstacle course Inflatable 5k which took up the entire Area 3. I tried to make the best of it and worked Lake 2. There were about 8 anglers and literally over 10 cormorants. I kept on accidentally hitting the cormorants with my t-rig. I got one hit, but missed it as it swam towards me on the bite and I wasnt paying attention. Decided that El Dorado was bunk, so moved to Ralph B. Clarke and got there around 11am. Saw one bedding bass on the lillypad cove. It was super spooked. Bedding bass are not my cup of tea either, so I moved on. However, it indicated that the other bass will be moving in to spawn as well, so they were hungry. Got a call that pissed me off, which threw me off my A game for a bit as I was just casting to relieve stress. Finally honed in on the color and retrieve as I got one major hit by a 1.5lb-2lb bass. Came unbuttoned after the second aerial. Was using a Santone 1/4oz jig with a Z-man turbo craw trailer. I should have spent all morning at Ralph B. Clarke had I known Area 3 was closed at Eldo. Funny thing was that at Ralph B Clarke park, these photographers with ginormous cameras were chasing these (im guessing seasonal and rare) ducks/fowl/birds and snapping pictures. There were around 8 photographers all running to one side taking pictures, they reminded me of ducks themselves haha!

Get that Prespawn bite while you can, people! Sheesh, we need to make a petition to get rid of these cormorants from the inland city parks and lakes. Screw them, they dont need protection anymore. Swear 5 of them go through more bass in a week than any poacher in a month.

Yeah those birds really reack havoc on a pond or lake,I remember seeing an older gentleman at Wilderness park throwing a bowling pin tied to a rope at them,pull the pin back and do it again,pretty funny stuff!

Cya Tuna Vic