Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When I'm not fishing I'm shooting

I have got to agree with Quagga on this one. The video is a classic example of why I quit going to public shooting ranges many years ago. I only shoot out in the boonies or at the West End Gun Club of which is a private range. To many people at public ranges today that are clueless about proper gun safety and doing stupid stuff and too little supervision by the range master.

As a young boy I was taught how to shoot and proper gun safety at a very early age. When out shooting with my dad if I did something unsafe I was harshly admonished immediately and our shooting day was immediately over. You don't get a do over with a firearm accident, had a classmate killed in a duck hunting accident in high school.

And yes the Remington 700 is a good choice and a reliable and accurate firearm. While I have owned a 700 in the past I much prefered Sako, Browning or Weatherby which I have all owned in the past. As I have gotten older I have gotten away from the polished blueing and figured wood stocks that were so beautiful on those guns. The synthetic stocks and stainless I have bought the last few years don't have me worrying about them getting a scuff or scratch. I still have a couple of safe queens that need to see daylite and have a few rounds sent down range.

I'm another satisfied Remington 700BDL owner as well, in .30-'06. My dad's buddy was a master gunsmith in Fillmore, so he worked it over for me. De-glossed the stock, trigger work, etc. A very handsome and accurate rifle.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 03-04-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Am I seeing things but, at the 1:50 mark are the guns laying out on the table of someone's driveway? I would of thought doing something like that would get the cops called on you. Lol unless u are a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony91723 View Post
    Am I seeing things but, at the 1:50 mark are the guns laying out on the table of someone's driveway? I would of thought doing something like that would get the cops called on you. Lol unless u are a cop.
    Texas yard sale.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Tony91723 View Post
    My neighbors know i own guns so they are used to me bring them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I love the 700 platform, and give you props for your choice. I hope your Remington gives you all the joy mine did.

Having said that, I hope you never repeat some of the moves the jackasses in your video did. With any firearm.
    I love the gun. Trust me I'm super careful with my guns i would not do stupid stuff like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I have got to agree with Quagga on this one. The video is a classic example of why I quit going to public shooting ranges many years ago. I only shoot out in the boonies or at the West End Gun Club of which is a private range. To many people at public ranges today that are clueless about proper gun safety and doing stupid stuff and too little supervision by the range master.

As a young boy I was taught how to shoot and proper gun safety at a very early age. When out shooting with my dad if I did something unsafe I was harshly admonished immediately and our shooting day was immediately over. You don't get a do over with a firearm accident, had a classmate killed in a duck hunting accident in high school.

And yes the Remington 700 is a good choice and a reliable and accurate firearm. While I have owned a 700 in the past I much prefered Sako, Browning or Weatherby which I have all owned in the past. As I have gotten older I have gotten away from the polished blueing and figured wood stocks that were so beautiful on those guns. The synthetic stocks and stainless I have bought the last few years don't have me worrying about them getting a scuff or scratch. I still have a couple of safe queens that need to see daylite and have a few rounds sent down range.
    We had a private range. The guy that invite me friends our stupid. I was mainly there to sight in my gun.

Quote Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
    I'm another satisfied Remington 700BDL owner as well, in .30-'06. My dad's buddy was a master gunsmith in Fillmore, so he worked it over for me. De-glossed the stock, trigger work, etc. A very handsome and accurate rifle.

John
    Remington makes good guns and so does marlin which i also love to shot

Mdl 700 fanboys, you know there is a big recall on several of them right. Go boom by themselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12