Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SG/SB mountain fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
    I read a recent report from someone on another site. They fished a major stream in the SBNF extensively and found nothing, nothing at all. Another person fished the SG and only found two tiny fish in three miles of stream. Creek fishing in SoCal may very well be on the edge of extinction.

Like Viejo said, point the wagon north to the ES.

John

Well, that blows. I don't know why the army corps of engineering can't make a fish ladder of some kind to keep the fish's spawning runs intact. These trout ARE native to SoCal. It's sad that these fish are slowly dying out because of everything that we've done to their habitat. Hopefully something good comes soon for those little guys

The fish will adapt and change, eventually they will be a unique strain but still a Oncorhynchus mykiss. Genetic purity, sounds racist to me.

3. Default

Viejo is right. Most of the streams I have previously fished have suffered similar fates, with increased silt and a loss of pools. At least one of them looks more like Whitewater River near Palm Sprigns rather a nice trout stream with a good ratio of pools/riffles.

I have heard nothing good about the San Gabriels/E/W/N forks and my experience on them in the past was not encouraging.

There are a handful of streams still producing. One bad fire and they'll probably face a similar fate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12