Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2-27 Skinner

Default 2-27 Skinner

A few of us were out there testing the spring waters at Skinner. Overall tough bite, blue bird skies with not much wind to speak of. Fish were caught on cranks, jigs, finesse presentations and a couple bed fish. The bite was for the most part a shallow bite from the bank out to 10 feet. Lots of cruisers seen, but with the water down and changing daily these fish are confused on what they should be doing. Every fish was a butterball ready to burst, no small fish were caught, all over 15" with a couple in the 5 lb. class.

Most of your pictures were taken in the parking lot. Don't tell me you didn't release this fish!!???

FYI: All released to finish their annual ritual. Thanks for your concern.

Seems better to release them at the same location they were caught to me but not sure if it really makes a diff.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    Most of your pictures were taken in the parking lot. Don't tell me you didn't release this fish!!???
    Not sure what would lead you to believe these fish weren't released, was it the stringer in the fish that gave it away? Maybe it was the fact that the picture was taken in the angler's backyard with the barbecue smoking in the background?

Thank you for the report and pics Champ, I'm not surprised that more people don't leave reports and pictures. I'm not going to. I will say that the fish are fat and healthy in Skinner, pretty impressive grade of fish right now!

Glad to her there were release, and Thanks for a great report. Glad to see Skinner kicking out some quality fish!

Quote Originally Posted by bassnet View Post
    Not sure what would lead you to believe these fish weren't released, was it the stringer in the fish that gave it away? Maybe it was the fact that the picture was taken in the angler's backyard with the barbecue smoking in the background?

Thank you for the report and pics Champ, I'm not surprised that more people don't leave reports and pictures. I'm not going to. I will say that the fish are fat and healthy in Skinner, pretty impressive grade of fish right now!
    Don't get butthurt. I'm glad he's concerned and not asking for recipes....

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Don't get butthurt. I'm glad he's concerned and not asking for recipes....
    I hear you, but good reports are getting rare these days- no reason to discourage them, you know? Sorry about the harsh reply, BassinPLS, I just didn't see any reason to doubt the safe release of those fish

Hope you guys get on them good this weekend :)

Nice fish guys, congrats!