Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner 2/27

Default Skinner 2/27

Been off the water for a while so I needed to get out to clear my head.

Water temp was 56 at start and eventually warmed to 62 in some areas at closing. Bite was tough but found my fish on pre spawn staging spots in 15-25' of water in relation to spawning coves and deep water access. It was a grind to figure the pattern but eventually picked away at some chunkey little fish. Nothing over 4 pounds just a good fun day of working hard. Football Head Jigs in combination with some finesse mumbo jumbo got the fish to bite. Most bites were pressure however the larger fish were on a mission near taking the rod out of my hands.

Lots of cruisers up the bank, but the fish are on the smaller side (under 3) and just didn't seem to want to go. I'm sure a thin senko out in front of them would draw some bites, but I didn't want to bother.

Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	47884

Name:	20160226_160127.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	47885

Name:	20160226_154038.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	47886

Love that screen shot! Meticulous water coverage.

No lie on working at offshore structure. Heading out this Sunday to fish in this spawn change