Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2/27 fishing for trout or bass

The lake is privately owned by the Big Bear Municipal Water District. Most of the land around it is either owned by the water district, private residences, Natl. Forest, or the city. I own a condo at Boulder Bay and spend about 6-7 months of the year there. I have never heard of a "Boulder Bay Bridge". The only thing I can think of that might be considered a bridge is where the road goes over Boulder Creek on the west side of the bay. The shore around Boulder Bay is all private land except Boulder Bay Park, which is owned by the city.
    The next bay going towards the dam is Papoose Bay, whose shoreline is owned by the Papoose Bay Homeowners Assoc.
    Between there and the dam are some Natl Forest lease cabins and a summer camp. They are on Natl Forest land, but the general public has no access to them since they have lease owners. The dam is owned by the water district, as is all land covered by water, or previously (pre-drought) covered by water.
    The Natl Forest land that does have lake access is on the north shore at Grout Bay, and the campground/picnic area at the east end of the northshore, west of Stanfield Cutoff.
    Last edited by 5shot; 03-25-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    The lake is privately owned by the Big Bear Municipal Water District. Most of the land around it is either owned by the water district, private residences, Natl. Forest, or the city. I own a condo at Boulder Bay and spend about 6-7 months of the year there. I have never heard of a "Boulder Bay Bridge". The only thing I can think of that might be considered a bridge is where the road goes over Boulder Creek on the west side of the bay. The shore around Boulder Bay is all private land except Boulder Bay Park, which is owned by the city.
    The next bay going towards the dam is Papoose Bay, whose shoreline is owned by the Papoose Bay Homeowners Assoc.
    Between there and the dam are some Natl Forest lease cabins and a summer camp. They are on Natl Forest land, but the general public has no access to them since they have lease owners. The dam is owned by the water district, as is all land covered by water, or previously (pre-drought) covered by water.
    The Natl Forest land that does have lake access is on the north shore at Grout Bay, and the campground/picnic area at the east end of the northshore, west of Stanfield Cutoff.
    Yes the road over boulder creek..... I get the feeling I was passing on bad information I got few years back was solid poo poo. Got me to buy a pass tho,lol. The second link I posted show plainly that it is FREE now or always has been. The map shows that from Boulder Creek to the south side of the damn is NF land but is free to use.
    I sure miss it up there and cant wait to get back.
    Last edited by Cameron; 03-26-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Yea, the Adventure Pass is a sore subject with a lot of us. The U.S.F.S. has been taken to court several times over it, and lost most times. Now they claim that as long as there is a "improvement" like picnic benches, bathrooms, staging areas, etc., they can require a Adventure Pass. What's really weird is the turnouts on the way to Big Bear are posted "Adventure Pass Required when Snow Present", as if the snow was installed and maintained by the forest service.

Drove around the lake today and most of the areas that I had seen were locked. Everyone was parking on the road.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123