Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/27 fishing for trout or bass

dhntr48 said "bring a(n) adventure pass" Is that necessary now a days ?

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Call the Big Bear Discovery center and get the straight info from the Forest Service. Been some changes I think

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Adventure passes are not necessary when parking along the shoreline unless you are parking in a parking/picnic type area. Yes there are several areas that have amenities such as picnic tables, parking lots, restrooms etc... where they are required and those areas are well marked stating that an adventure pass is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Call the Big Bear Discovery center and get the straight info from the Forest Service. Been some changes I think
    Hmmm changes? I've been there fairly recently and did not notice any signage indicating a change.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Adventure passes are not necessary when parking along the shoreline unless you are parking in a parking/picnic type area. Yes there are several areas that have amenities such as picnic tables, parking lots, restrooms etc... where they are required and those areas are well marked stating that an adventure pass is required.
    Those are the changes......Used to be required pretty much everywhere. Frankly, there is little enforcement due to lack of staffing and a huge area to cover.
    Last edited by Viejo; 03-23-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Those are the changes......Used to be required pretty much everywhere. Frankly, there is little enforcement due to lack of staffing and a huge area to cover.
    Dont chance the ticket and know the rules...... From Boulder Bay bridge to the dam you must have a Adventure Pass. Sure most folks dont use them but I would rather just buy the pass.... The DFG is ALWAYS showing up at BBL.

The North Shore they are not required and you will not be ticketed. I had not heard about this rule from Boulder Bay South side to the dam and that actually probably could be fought. From what I understand the standard now is that there must be amenities such as I described (bath room, picnic tables etc..) for them to require a pass. In the Boulder Bay parking area there are amenities and they are required there. Also to the best of my recollection I don't believe there is signage in that area beyond Boulder Bay parking lot to the dam indicating the need for a pass.

But normally I fish the North Shore areas so don't listen to me call the Discovery center I could be wrong.

The Boulder Bay parking lot is a city park, no adventure pass required. Most of the land around the lake is owned by the water district, no adventure pass required. The only areas that would required an adventure pass are Natl Forest areas like the Grout Bay picnic area, and the north shore campground and picnic areas.

Thanks MUCH for the poop Gents !

I love how quick you all are to discredit my advice and knowledge but offer nothing but wind to support your argument. Do what ya want and believe who ya want, me I believe this map of the NF and the ranger I asked while I was living there and fishing the lake on the daily, but what the hell do I know..... The reason why is because of the Trail Head to Castle Rock, feel free and I suggest you call the Discovery Center to confirm what I am saying.
    Section 22 on the map.....and I said from the BRIDGE to the DAM, never said anything about the new park.....
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5404163.pdf
    WOW they have opened up a bunch of areas since I last had a pass. Heres a link I found that may help I would still call to be sure.
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/r5...idth=full#acnf
    Last edited by Cameron; 03-25-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast