Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A good day trouting

Default A good day trouting

Hi guy's , any one been trout fishing in the local southern California streams and creeks . I went out a few timesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P2130078.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	47869 I had a good day on one creek I nailed this 16 inch hen and got the picture after she beached herself. I also got a 19 inch bow , Have a picture on my phone . So it was a 19 , 16 ,13 , two 12 inchers and eight 4-10 inch trout for the dayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P2130076.jpg 
Views:	640 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	47870

Sounds like a hell of a great day, nice!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dhntr48 View Post
    Hi guy's , any one been trout fishing in the local southern California streams and creeks . I went out a few timesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P2130078.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	47869 I had a good day on one creek I nailed this 16 inch hen and got the picture after she beached herself. I also got a 19 inch bow , Have a picture on my phone . So it was a 19 , 16 ,13 , two 12 inchers and eight 4-10 inch trout for the dayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P2130076.jpg 
Views:	640 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	47870
    Wonderful fish. You gotta be kidding me if by SoCal you mean the local San Bern and San Gabes

awesome job buddy, that's what a trout is suppose to look like. Try not to let the fish ever touch the ground, in fact try to keep them in the water as much as possible and when you need to touch them, always wet your hands. Besides that...way to get out and reap the benefit of this years rain....jealous!

Right-t-t-t-t. Oh by the way, you were four fish over limit....Assuming by your fish handling that you don't catch and release.

Nice. The second pic looks like Piru creek. Haven't been there in years.

Even in a drought year, there are some pretty good fish in the creek, as long as there is a decent flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Right-t-t-t-t. Oh by the way, you were four fish over limit....Assuming by your fish handling that you don't catch and release.
    Vieja,how do you know how the man landed the fish? Over limit! What's up with you guy's?

I looked at the two pictures provided and extrapolated. It was done tongue in cheek...Like I am sure the original post was. If you are keeping fish, it's not an issue how you handle them. The reference was to his fish handling skills....lipping a five inch trout and dragging a fish on the rocky bank. Wasn't the only one who noticed. Doesn't matter how you handle fish if you are keeping them. Re-Read the claimed fish caught on Socal streams in one day. The poster has a drift boat that he uses on the Owens. Maybe he was mistaken where he caught the big fish. I would believe that a very lucky and skillful angler could have a catch like that in one day up there but down here.....nah.
    Last edited by Viejo; 03-19-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Yes that's southern California . The 16 incher swam up on the bank in the high muddy water ,which I did not like , but it hapend's . I have had fish jump into trees ! There are some nice fish to catch in the southern part of the state . Im allways the first person to give a lecture on handling fish . I raised trout in a 150 gallon tank for 5 years or so. They were 2 inches and got to 13 inches . There pretty tough . But as delicate as any fish . I let most all fish go and don't get many pictures because of that ! The large 19 incher I let go in waste deep water and it was a large fish to deal with, with one hand , camera , fishing rod , big trout , slippery rocks . The fish in the pictures are waiting for you .

Hey...it's all good. If you say you caught them in a SoCal Creek....that's where you caught them. And you're right, they're waiting for us...those 19" wild trout.

It's your story and you're entitled to it.