Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mac's river runner?

Default Mac's river runner?

My buddy (Iphish) jacked up his skeg and prop at Huber dam a couple of weeks ago, and I just seen this product "Mac's river runner" which is advertised to protect the skeg and prop. I have a 2016 Tracker Pro195TXW with a mercury 150 hp, I added a 400 hydrofoil, and need to know if it is advisable to add this as well. I do fish shallow in the lakes, as well as the Colorado River.
    Last edited by Durdy Daug; 02-22-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Just have a good set of eyes and take your time. Those devices aren't really necessary on the Colorado River,they are made for the rocky timber strewn Canadian lakes and the walleye and pike lakes of the upper mid-west.

Dsrttortse

Wow, too late. I bought 2 of them already and installed them on each of my boats...

I had it installed on a previous boat and it worked great. Saved me butt a few times. You loose about 8-10 mph on your top end speed. Make sure you use the stainless steel bolts that come with it.

Now that you have them please keep us informed on how your boat runs . Remember if you installed them yourself to use stainless steel bolts!!

DsrtTortse

Well 8 - 10 mph, on the Spectrum would be terrible, it goes 26 mph top speed, and the 195 only goes 45 mph. I have yet to get out to try them out.