Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Palmdale Fin and Feather thoughts

Default Palmdale Fin and Feather thoughts

As the title says just fishing for thoughts from fellow FNNers, I have been contemplating on getting a membership but at 990 initial fee it still only a thought, Do any of you have a membership and if so do you think its worth it?? the membership does come with alot of perks but still that price :-/ lol, Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez25 View Post
    As the title says just fishing for thoughts from fellow FNNers, I have been contemplating on getting a membership but at 990 initial fee it still only a thought, Do any of you have a membership and if so do you think its worth it?? the membership does come with alot of perks but still that price :-/ lol, Thanks in advance.
    My friend is a member, yes the price is steep. Before we get into that, let me ask you this question, "do you have the Trout thing working this year." I don't!!!! For the first time in 30 years I don't have a ride. (I was thinking of joining!!!!!) If you have the trout thing working else where, why bother!!!! It is excellent fishing, but you do need to go a fair amount of times to make it worth your money. When it comes to catching fish (provided you have the money) you can't put a price on your fish happiness!!!!!

Fishes out quickly on the trout plants. It's a zoo week of plants. Place attracts some schetchy last few years. I've been a member for 10 years, but have seen the size and quantity dwindle on the trout. Other species are fun, but poachers have found this place as well.

After fishing for "natural" Rainbow Trout in British Columbia and Alaska, I have a hard time fishing these expensive SoCal "put and take" lakes. The prices are really high and most of the big fish are fed steroids to get them to grow to large sizes quickly, plus most do not have nice full tails and normal full fins. (But some do) And the fish I caught out of Irvine and SARL tasted muddy. I guess it's nice for lots of local fishermen to catch some decent-sized trout, but I just cannot do it. Yes Alaska was very expensive, but since I did it and experienced it, I don't want to spend my hard earned money to sit and wait for a dumb stocked trout to happen upon a piece of bright dough bait..

My family felt the same way too but trust me if you fish it as much as I do its well worth the price. This year they actually increased prices for everything all round slightly, including guest prices. They stock thousands of pounds of trout every couple weeks in the winter months if that's your thing and cats in summer. Im personally a bass fisherman and once you get it down its off the hook. Caught 2 or 3 im sure were DD but I had no scale, just CPR. They also have MONSTER carp. 30+ pounders that are a hell of a fight. The renewal price is about 300 bucks depending where you located. I usually fish it a few times a week and think its well worth the money. You can also hunt when its no longer fishing season and you just drive to a spot instead of packing it in.

Hey, I've been a member for 10 years and have seen things evolve there. They used to plant Mt Lassen Frankenfish, now it's Nebraska Tailwalkers (full tails and pulling mofos, GMO triploid Kamloop rainbows, sterile). People tell me that they also taste like "mud". I don't eat trout so I don't know. The renewals and guest passes are yet again going to rise this next season. Renewals +$45? and guests +$30? This season is pretty much done. No more trout plants this year but plenty of big fish around if you can get them to eat. They seem to be on the bugs now. This year 27,000#s when in for opener and 9,000#s every 2 weeks or so. Next year there is talk of 6500# plants and probably fewer plants as the price of these fish have gone up. Catching is good for about 4 days after plants. Then it's scratch time. I fish 2#, barbless artificials, like "Jerk-its", Master brand plastics, and hard lures. These fish go crazy when you slam them on a lure. I go a lot during trout season, so it's cost effective for me. Hope this helps you decide.