Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 'Tubing for Alabama Spotted Bass?

Default 'Tubing for Alabama Spotted Bass?

After hearing so much recently about the quantity and quality of Alabama Spotted Bass being caught, and just today seeing the video of 8 and 11 pounders being caught on the "Stoked on Fishing" show from an unnamed lake, I want to head up to Northern California. Years ago we had a really fantastic fishery at Lake Perris, with spots up to 8 pounds and averaging 3 to 4 pounds. It even produced a World Record Spotted Bass of over 9 pounds. Does anyone have any info on which Central and Northern California lake(s) are best and if float tubing is allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    After hearing so much recently about the quantity and quality of Alabama Spotted Bass being caught, and just today seeing the video of 8 and 11 pounders being caught on the "Stoked on Fishing" show from an unnamed lake, I want to head up to Northern California. Years ago we had a really fantastic fishery at Lake Perris, with spots up to 8 pounds and averaging 3 to 4 pounds. It even produced a World Record Spotted Bass of over 9 pounds. Does anyone have any info on which Central and Northern California lake(s) are best and if float tubing is allowed?
    A few Google lookups will let you know which lakes up central and north have a great spotted bass population. You can then see if those lakes allow float tubing.

Aside from Nacimiento (who has a few billon tons of 12" fish), I'd keep traveling north for a good population of decent sized spots. Whether float tubing is allowed is up to those lakes.

And at that point, If i'm traveling north, I'd be looking at Pardee and Pine Flat for some 5 pound smallies. At this point, I'd rather have a 5# smallie, than a 10# largie

Thanks guys.. I found the top 10 lakes to try.

Alright! Have fun catch'n them Spotties!