Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blyth catfish?

Try Oxbow Lake south of Blythe in Palo Verde. Camp, fish and launch right next to each other. You also have access to the river right next door. Bass, cats and bluegill. Seen some monster cats taken there. Friends have seen stripers sitting in the inlet current.

Talked to some friends of mine who went down to Blythe this past weekend and they got skunked on Flatheads but did catch a few channel cats and bluegills.....I made my traditional trip to Las Vegas to hook-up with my high school buddies (class of 77) for march madness......had a blast !! I still plan on going to Blythe at the end of April or early May.....I have learned from years past those Flatheads are hard to catch when the water is still cold, need the water to warm up a bit !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11234859_963658290343848_6174897488909409266_n.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	47991  

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOGBOOGERS View Post
    Talked to some friends of mine who went down to Blythe this past weekend and they got skunked on Flatheads but did catch a few channel cats and bluegills.....I made my traditional trip to Las Vegas to hook-up with my high school buddies (class of 77) for march madness......had a blast !! I still plan on going to Blythe at the end of April or early May.....I have learned from years past those Flatheads are hard to catch when the water is still cold, need the water to warm up a bit !
    Just be carefull and don't loose any props on your new boat!!!

Dsrttrtse

Thanks everyone, I am going to hit Blythe this week, not sure whether I should take the new boat, or the old 17 footer. The wind will determine which one is the better fit, I want to take the old 17 footer, but if the wind is up, the 18'7" rides much better, the 17'er is better in shallow water too. Any idea how the wind forecast is to be for Thursday? Where is Palo Verde? How do I find it? I was planning on starting the trip out by stopping by M&M bait & Tackle in Blythe, buy some goldfish and give the fishing a try. I was also wanting to get some firewood for the campground, my regular firewood seller went out of business, so it looks like I will be looking close to the camp site for such. I am really getting excited to check out the Blythe part of the Colorado. I heard that the canals are too shallow for a boat, and that shore fishing is dangerous due to rattlesnakes and bandits. I was advised to carry a firearm, but I am concerned about the legality of carrying a loaded hand gun on my boat. Anyone know how the laws work for that?

Just don't flash it and you'll be okay. First time down their don't take the boat. You should concentrate on the canals as the water is warmer for the fish. As I'm typing this the wind is blowing over 50 mph in Indio. Never try and make it down I 10 in this kind of weather.

Dsrttrtse

It's right off the 78 south of the 10. Palo Verde is a small town. It's on a map. Oxbow lake is a large backwater tributary to the river. I believe it's also call Palo Verde lagoon. Google is your friend.

Thank you all very much, going to give the area a try starting Thursday morning and planning to stay till sometime on Sunday.

Just remember !!! this is the start of the WINDY SEASON and it's sure been fu##ing windy the past three days straight!!!

Dsrttrtse

In California you can conceal carry a weapon while fishing. In Arizona you can open carry a weapon no permit required.

DF are you sure that I can carry and conceal while fishing on the River? I don't need any trouble with the law... I looked at the upcoming forecast for Blythe, said 12 MPH winds on Thursday and down to 7 - 9 for Friday Saturday, and even less on Sunday with a high Sunday of 95 degrees!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast