Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blyth catfish?

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Well, I have both the Ca, and As license, PM me if anyone wants to tag along, I just need a very little notice of when and then it's off we go...
    Am up for it i like chasing those kitties :-)

Quote Originally Posted by riverbud55 View Post
    no such thing as a river stamp anymore, back in the day you would have to have a river stamp if fishing from a boat

mite stay at the Mayflower county park off of 2nd ave in Blythe take Intake/95 north 5mi to 2nd ,2 miles east on 2nd to find the Mayflower county camp,,, spent years fish n the river from Hidden beaches camp a neighboring camp, ,,, early in the year the big ones er up river nearer the dam 6 miles up river,,,, fish near shore, find drop offs in slow moving water or reverse eddies,, fish near their dinner table,,, going to need to find gills on the river which will be your biggest challenge,,, need to be aware that the water level changes 2 to 4 feet a day up there,,, don't beach a boat and walk away from it could be high and dry or gone when you get back low water will be late afternoon till the water comes back up near midnight,,,have a good anchor with a spare,,,,,the one thing I can suggest is learn the river then learn how to fish the river,,,,for some fun get some stink bait for the channels and the furry thing bait holders from magic bait my favorite is hogwild super sticky blood

Riverbud out

If I remember right you have some photos of Your North River high and dry after a water level change.

DsrtTortse

Default Blythe

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Well, I have both the Ca, and As license, PM me if anyone wants to tag along, I just need a very little notice of when and then it's off we go...
    For the most part I go down to Blythe and fish the backwaters, never had much luck on the main river. If you would like to go sometime pm me. I can't promise that you will catch a Flathead Catfish.....but you will catch bluegills & channel Cats. I got a new boat last year and it's ready to go back to the river. Last year my biggest Flathead was 25 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140522_060250.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	47928  

BullDog nice fish best eating cats around.

Well, I've been out of the game for a minute, but I'm gearing up to get back in now, had some issues to address, now I'm looking to hear some screaming drags.
    Anyone planning on hitting Blythe anytime soon, or at least know what the conditions are like?

any of you thinking of givin it a try this weekend?

It's Easter weekend and the river and lakes will be a zoo.

Well, as the wife is sick, I am staying home this weekend, I got this wild hair up my... and decided to smoke 10 hams and take them into work for my team that is stuck working, a little something to remind them that even though I am now a part of the management, I have not forgotten from where I came...
    Next weekend will be a different story, with Cezar Chavez day being a state holiday, I am off, I also requested a vacation day for Friday, so that will make for a nice 4 day weekend for me, now for the decision - Blythe, or Willow beach? I suppose that I could even venture out to Cattail Cove. I want to get out on the boat, but I also want to enjoy a nice camp fire and enjoy the camping thing... Any suggestions?

The stringer looks like Crappie. And the marsh might be TOPOCK MARSH out of Needles on the Arizona side of the river.

Thanks DF, I guess that I will be heading out to Blythe to Recon the area, any recommendations?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast