Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blyth catfish?

Default Blyth catfish?

Any fishing reports from Blyth? Fished Arazona twice this month on the Colorado river, not very productive, thinking of saving hours of driving and just going to Blyth and fish the Colorado river from there, anyone have any current reports?

Wait to late April or mid May. You need HOT!!! Weather to get them catfish feeding steady. You can also try Walters Camp in Palo Verde. Good launch ramp and plenty of camp-sites.

Dsrttortse

No idea of where those places are at? You interested in tagging along for the adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    No idea of where those places are at? You interested in tagging along for the adventure?
    I enjoy chasing Cats and if your looking for fishing buddies to tag along I would definitely love to. :-)

Where are You coming down from? There are a lot of good places to fish the River. The crazies and there water toys take over the River in Blyth area most weekends from the Memorial Day Holiday thru Labor Day. Further on down south are many places to fish and you don't even need a boat. Some really nice lakes to fish in the Yuma area and it sounds far away but the drive goes fast. Senator Wash has a great launch ramp and many campsites. You can fish all night down there just make sure you have a river stamp. Just a few miles north up river from Senators Wash Lake is Martinez Lake a truly great multi- species fishing area. Fisherman and all outdoor sportsman are well liked and catered too all through this area unlike the ZOO our area up here has become where you have to pay for each fish you catch at most places up here. Picture fishing and ramp fees and all like it was up here forty or so years ago.

Dsrttortse
    Last edited by Dsrt Tortise; 03-06-2016 at 01:12 PM.

I thought that AZ and CA did away with the need for a river stamp

So long as you fish the river or its tributaries, no River Stamp is needed, just your California fishing license.

Well, I have both the Ca, and As license, PM me if anyone wants to tag along, I just need a very little notice of when and then it's off we go...

Quote Originally Posted by eah View Post
    So long as you fish the river or its tributaries, no River Stamp is needed, just your California fishing license.
    no such thing as a river stamp anymore, back in the day you would have to have a river stamp if fishing from a boat

mite stay at the Mayflower county park off of 2nd ave in Blythe take Intake/95 north 5mi to 2nd ,2 miles east on 2nd to find the Mayflower county camp,,, spent years fish n the river from Hidden beaches camp a neighboring camp, ,,, early in the year the big ones er up river nearer the dam 6 miles up river,,,, fish near shore, find drop offs in slow moving water or reverse eddies,, fish near their dinner table,,, going to need to find gills on the river which will be your biggest challenge,,, need to be aware that the water level changes 2 to 4 feet a day up there,,, don't beach a boat and walk away from it could be high and dry or gone when you get back low water will be late afternoon till the water comes back up near midnight,,,have a good anchor with a spare,,,,,the one thing I can suggest is learn the river then learn how to fish the river,,,,for some fun get some stink bait for the channels and the furry thing bait holders from magic bait my favorite is hogwild super sticky blood

Riverbud out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_1118-copy_edited (478 x 600) - Copy - Copy.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	47907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0474-copy (600 x 450).jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	47908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2332-copy_edited (600 x 481).jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	47909  
    Last edited by riverbud55; 03-09-2016 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Well, I have both the Ca, and As license, PM me if anyone wants to tag along, I just need a very little notice of when and then it's off we go...
    mite try and make Blythe mid May (Blythe is spelled with a ''E'' :) . Will be coming from my place in Topock AZ 100 miles up river
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3005-copy-1_edited (266 x 334).jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	47910  
    Last edited by riverbud55; 03-09-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast