Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trying to catch a bass...

Default Trying to catch a bass...

Hypothetically speaking if I was to be in big bear this weekend and all I had was a bass rod and a pocket full of robo worms, senkos and various styles of hooks and weights where and how would be my best bet to catch a "green trout"?
    my first thought was the rocks of the doughnut or one of the small jetties. I'll be on foot....

Still early in the season but if any are in shallow it will be late in the day on west facing banks., water is still cold.

I heard the smallies bite pretty good this time of year, what technique would be most effective? DS, T-rig, wacky small senko, shaky head...

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    I heard the smallies bite pretty good this time of year, what technique would be most effective? DS, T-rig, wacky small senko, shaky head...
    Damn I forgot about the Smallies. I have always used a small Senko, small tube or small creature type plastic fly lined and fished very very slow. Did I say very very slow.

Green Valley lake actually gas a good bass population, but their kinda small. I caught a few 1/2-1 pounders there fishing for crappie. Still might be frozen though.

The bass fishing usually doesn't pick up til April-may. Doesn't mean you can't catch them now

Well I hit 3 spots along the north shore. Saw 2 trout caught on PB and inflated crawlers. Water in the east end was dirty, lots of ice still on the west end. I did find a promising looking spot in the middle below some lake houses that had some deeper water but no bites for me. Fished from 2-5pm with a senko, DS and shaky head.