Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fred hall show

Default fred hall show

the show is less than 2 weeks away. Who is going and if you are going what is on your want/wish list

Shakes my head.

Here comes some more impulsive buys by me probably hahaha

we all do that somehow

This will be my 1st Fred Hall show. I'm planning on purchasing a SW Spinning reel either in a 5000 or 6000 for my bro for Cape Cod Stripers. Any deals to be had there or would I save just as much to buy online instead? Regardless the cost I'm still going, thanks FNN

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    ... or would I save just as much to buy online instead? Regardless the cost I'm still going, thanks FNN
    Molest the reel and different sizes at the show, and then buy online.

With major manufacturers' price fixing rules, you'll never find a reel with an out right sale at the show, unless it's an older model or the manufacturer has given the OK on the lower price points, which rarely happens, and if it does, you can be sure to find it cheaper online since those retailers don't have the overhead like brick and mortar shops do, and thus can offer items at much lower prices. Plus free shipping and no tax (in some locations) makes the days of buying major items like that on location become extinct like the dinosaur.

The only exception, and a far one from that, are the deals you used to find years ago, where Turners would spool a newly purchased reel free for a year, or some other places that would give you a gift certificate to their place upon purchasing the reel, or some other goody like a free rod. But those are rare. I have seen great deals for random items though, like vacation packages and off shore packages from our local landings and their fleet.

It's still fun going. It's definitely a people watching experience plus you get to see the new gear that seemingly changes every year. Plus you can check out the exotic vacation locations that are available, tap the acrylic on the bass tank and watch the bass keep staring at you, watch the dock dogs jump further than Kobe, overhear outrageous fishing stories, and check out which fishing krew had the best t-shirts made for the 2016 season.

Lure deals can be had but I sure miss the days when you could load up with good swag go out dump it in your vehicle make a drink so you don't have to pay Hall premium and go back in to reload your swag bag.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Lure deals can be had but I sure miss the days when you could load up with good swag go out dump it in your vehicle make a drink so you don't have to pay Hall premium and go back in to reload your swag bag.
    Seal,

Can you go out and in again?

Thatll eliminate the need for my plastic form fitting flask.

Went to my first Fred Hall show in 1983, and have gone about half a dozen times, it's the same show with the same vendors in the same spot u saw them last time u went. Seen it and done it, a couple of years ago after a few drinks, I almost pulled the trigger on a boat, my wife brought me back to my senses, no thanks. I do miss the big 5 booth, there's where u might find some deals at the show. Have a great time, leave the credit card at home.

Save and buy online. It's a cash cow. Fun to see new items but ...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Seal,

Can you go out and in again?

Thatll eliminate the need for my plastic form fitting flask.
    Yes and if you buy an overpriced soda inside then take the cup outside and mix one up you can then go back in with a well made and affordable beverage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast