Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone! :-)

Hey Rober how about you,me and shadow set a trip up to fish castaic in my boat!!!!
    What do you think mr. Shadow?

First off, welcome to the site.
    Lots of cool people here with lots of info.
    I personally am a salt water guy.
    Season is young, but if everything turns out the way we are hoping,
    we might be getting marlin and wahoo here in local waters again this summer.
    Right now, we have had some serious swells effecting the surf fishing action.
    But, that doesn't mean it won't turn around some time soon.
    There is a fishing convention the first weekend of March in Long Beach.
    It's the Fred Hall Show. Free to get in if you sign up at the convention for one of the local environmentalist list.
    That way you can see prices for local boats, long range, 2-3 day trips and also see what's new on the market.
    I personally will be helping to run a surf fishing seminar, with two other guys on the Thursday before the event starts.

http://www.fredhall.com/

Hope to see some reports from you and good luck with your SoCal Fishing Adventures

Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by phantom 34 View Post
    Hey Rober how about you,me and shadow set a trip up to fish castaic in my boat!!!!
    Can I bring my net?

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    im near bruin territory aswell .....if u wanna play with local monsters that are not lmb... , balboa lake has a few for u....

cats and carp , can confirm theres few big ones in there..

see other thread to ur Castaic aswell..
    Thank you so much for the info! Regarding FW, I'm mostly interested about LMB, striper and trout. Is there any good lake with big bown trout close to LA?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Cervezas. On me.

PM me the time you're available M-F from 11 to 2.

I love hanging out with anglers who have traveled further than their own block.
    I'm avaliable for example next Wednesday, 11-2 for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom 34 View Post
    It sounds great dude!!!! :-D

I'm avaliable for example sunday 28, sunday 6... and all week days. I just have class on saturdays until 12March. Then, totally free until 27 March :-)

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    First off, welcome to the site.
    Lots of cool people here with lots of info.
    I personally am a salt water guy.
    Season is young, but if everything turns out the way we are hoping,
    we might be getting marlin and wahoo here in local waters again this summer.
    Right now, we have had some serious swells effecting the surf fishing action.
    But, that doesn't mean it won't turn around some time soon.
    There is a fishing convention the first weekend of March in Long Beach.
    It's the Fred Hall Show. Free to get in if you sign up at the convention for one of the local environmentalist list.
    That way you can see prices for local boats, long range, 2-3 day trips and also see what's new on the market.
    I personally will be helping to run a surf fishing seminar, with two other guys on the Thursday before the event starts.

http://www.fredhall.com/

Hope to see some reports from you and good luck with your SoCal Fishing Adventures

Robert
    <><
    Thanks for the Welcome Murrieta Angler!

I love salwater, I almost born in the sea LOL I never had experiences with marlin, wahoo and all those big game speccies. While you can cach them casting plugs I would love the, for sure! But I never do trolling or live bait fishing, because I don't enjoy so much. I'm very impatient so I need to be doing ssomething all the time XD

I have some friends from Florida that already told me about meeting in the show. Maybe if some of you go and come back same day, it would be nice to join you, of course!!! If someone is interested, we can set up a daily trip to Long Beach!

Thanks for the answer dude ;-)

LA isn't the best place for fishing in terms of the number of places you can fish. But on the other hand it does have a few really good spots. Castaic is a great choice to try and find a double digit bass, the state record of 21 lb 12 oz was caught out of there. You should also check out some of the inland empire lakes like DVL or Perris.

Wow,awesome pictures,with that said I don't think you could learn anything from me,I wish I had those fish under my belt,the only consolation is,ah I'm not even gonna say,I'll just say welcome and wait to see more posts from you!

Cya Tuna Vic

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by rtmartinez View Post
    My name is Rober, and I come from Spain. I recently moved to Westwood, to study in UCLA.

That new adventure is being so hard for me, because I'm out of the water for the last 2 months :-( So I hope to meet some people who share my passion. I'm not looking for spots, just people to go fishing with, who lives not far from my area :-)

I'm a crazy angler, I have been fishing since I was 5, and I love same SW and FW. I have been fishing in some amazing places around the world, and want to continue adding California in my list!

I also have some questions about regulations and law I would like to clarify.

We can be in contact by this forum or by my FB profile https://www.facebook.com/rmartinezmonton

I let you here some of my pictures of last year. Thanks for accept me in your community :-)

Bests,

Rober.

Attachment 47819Attachment 47820Attachment 47821Attachment 47822Attachment 47823Attachment 47824Attachment 47825Attachment 47826Attachment 47827
    Hi Robert, welcome to California!!! Those are some really amazing pictures.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast