Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mission viejo lake

Default Mission viejo lake

Is there anyway to get a membership to mission viejo lake without being a resident?

You have to know a resident who is willing to put a utility bill in your name and go to the office with you to register. Did this 15 years ago. Only way I know of.

Yeah that sounds about right

Pretty sure there might be a sound reason why residents don't want non-property owners fishing their lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Pretty sure there might be a sound reason why residents don't want non-property owners fishing their lake.
    Could it be that property owners are paying for the upkeep and fish stocking?

I saw some 3 to 4 pound bass yesterday looking around for a spot to nest. And caught this guy today 5.2 pound trout

If you know someone who lives there they can take you fishing there as a guest. Bummer about that is they have to be with you. I have a few friends there but I haven't fished it in years. Maybe you could find an FNNer that lives there and split a boat rental with them? It's a beautiful lake but if their rules are designed to keep fisherman like me from catching their residents' fish they are working... lol They probably could sell limited # of guest passes per day to make people like us happy, and not disturb the locals too much but that would have to be approved by the HOA and unless they plan to lower the HOA fees or vastly improve the amenities as a result of selling non-resident passes there is no way that would fly. I wouldn't vote to allow more ppl on "my" lake with absolutely no benefit to me but more yahoos on the water when I want to fish or cruise with the fam.

Quote Originally Posted by WOKIEE View Post
    I saw some 3 to 4 pound bass yesterday looking around for a spot to nest. And caught this guy today 5.2 pound trout
    That's awesome to hear! I might have to go back and give it a look

Default Thank you for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    The entire city of mission viejo including renters don't want anyone fishing on their lake?

You mean their fish bowl! My son"s and I have more fun fishing Trabuco than M V. Yes we caught many large fish,like being under a microscope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast