Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Elsinore

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    They just stocked catfish yesterday. Good luck !
    There is a huge fish tournament this weekend

So is the 'catch and release zone' active? Or was somebody talkin' outta their @&s again?

CA state regulations apply to lake elsinore. C&R policy of a marina, concessionaire or local municipality is over ridden by actual State or Federal regulations. Mandatory C&R of what was stocked would be all for not anyway at Elsinore until the water quality, lack of habitat and excessive carp/shad issues are addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    CA state regulations apply to lake elsinore. C&R policy of a marina, concessionaire or local municipality is over ridden by actual State or Federal regulations. Mandatory C&R of what was stocked would be all for not anyway at Elsinore until the water quality, lack of habitat and excessive carp/shad issues are addressed.
    Sooo...no c&r?

Your response reads as legible as does the dfg handbook.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Sooo...no c&r?

Your response reads as legible as does the dfg handbook.
    Yea to what he said!!!! Since there is a fair amount of local contradictory fishing regulations as compared to the State regulations. I think it just might come down to if receiving a citation, "to tell it to the judge". Then let him sort it out!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    CA state regulations apply to lake elsinore. C&R policy of a marina, concessionaire or local municipality is over ridden by actual State or Federal regulations.
    "Can lakes set their own fishing regulations?
    Question: The local municipal water district operates a nearby lake that is open to the public for fishing and day use. My question is regarding the regulations set for this lake. The maximum daily catch limit is lower than the limits the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) authorizes. Do they have the authority to do this? Who has the ultimate jurisdiction in this matter? (Roger S., Ojai)

Answer: Yes, this is perfectly legal for them to do. Private lake managers can be more restrictive than CDFW regulations but not less restrictive. It is their prerogative to impose more stringent regulations in the interest of better managing their individual waters than what the state requires for managing California’s fisheries statewide."

https://californiaoutdoorsqas.com/20...from-my-porch/

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    "Can lakes set their own fishing regulations?
    Question: The local municipal water district operates a nearby lake that is open to the public for fishing and day use. My question is regarding the regulations set for this lake. The maximum daily catch limit is lower than the limits the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) authorizes. Do they have the authority to do this? Who has the ultimate jurisdiction in this matter? (Roger S., Ojai)

Answer: Yes, this is perfectly legal for them to do. Private lake managers can be more restrictive than CDFW regulations but not less restrictive. It is their prerogative to impose more stringent regulations in the interest of better managing their individual waters than what the state requires for managing California’s fisheries statewide."

https://californiaoutdoorsqas.com/20...from-my-porch/
    Elsinore is not a private lake. It is public waters.

The answer is No Catch and Release mandatory at Elsinore.

That fishery is in the drain with the current conditions and the future isn't bright.

Kwin and I are good sources.....

Quote Originally Posted by QB7940 View Post
    Elsinore is not a private lake. It is public waters.

The answer is No Catch and Release mandatory at Elsinore.

That fishery is in the drain with the current conditions and the future isn't bright.

Kwin and I are good sources.....
    What is a private lake? To me that is Corona Lake or Irvine Lake. CDFG have no jurisdiction there anyways. Regardless, it looks like the catch & release is a suggestion. http://www.lake-elsinore.org/home/showdocument?id=617 But seriously, who would eat a fish out of that lake?

Any update on how this lake is doing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12