Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Elsinore

Default Lake Elsinore

William at LA Laguna is stocking fish to help improve the fishery at Elsinore. He just planted catfish on Friday and the bite is wide open. Will be planting crappie and LMB very soon. Give him a call and he will hook you up on the fishing at Elsinore.

The City of Lake Elsinore is stocking large mouth bass fingerlings TODAY. They are also going to declare the lake as a catch & release zone except for carp and catfish.

They dont have the authority to do that JigStop

Quote Originally Posted by QB7940 View Post
    They dont have the authority to do that JigStop
    I beg to differ, "I do believe they can!!!" My little pond by my house, Ralph B. Clark Park at the local level came in with C&R only on the Bass and a 1 pole limit. (even if you purchased a 2nd rod stamp) I went to the DFG office in Long Beach to see if that was legal. The lady called Sacramento right in front of me and said, "local laws have presidence over state laws!!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-20-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Local jurisdictions can make laws that are more restrictive then state laws. They just can't make laws more liberal then state laws.

Are they stocking wipers at Elsinore too?

I think the wipers are done for at Elsinore. From what I've heard they haven't stocked them in years. Man what's left of em gotta be big fatties by now with all those mega shad in there. Really I've only counted on cats and carp at Elsinore over the years, never had any luck with anything else. Thanks OP for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I beg to differ, "I do believe they can!!!" My little pond by my house, Ralph B. Clark Park at the local level came in with C&R only on the Bass and a 1 pole limit. (even if you purchased a 2nd rod stamp) I went to the DFG office in Long Beach to see if that was legal. The lady called Sacramento right in front of me and said, "local laws have presidence over state laws!!!!"
    http://www.pe.com/articles/lake-7963...-elsinore.html

"Earlier proposals to require anglers to “catch and release” bass caught in the lake and to allow alcoholic beverage consumption at designated beach sites are not included in the package of changes.

The city’s Public Safety Advisory Commission, which reviewed the regulations, decided against recommending a policy on fishing at the lake that might conflict with state Fish and Wildlife regulations. The city’s police department warned against lifting the alcoholic beverage prohibition at city beaches."

The water in Elsinore (Natural Freshwater Lake) belongs to the state (A basic principal of California water is that all the fresh water in the state’s lakes and streams belongs to the public at large.)

The water and the fish are a resource of the public. You cannot impose those regs on state waters because you are limiting a public resource. Small city ponds are a different story.

Credibility: See bold....

Quote Originally Posted by QB7940 View Post
    http://www.pe.com/articles/lake-7963...-elsinore.html

"Earlier proposals to require anglers to “catch and release” bass caught in the lake and to allow alcoholic beverage consumption at designated beach sites are not included in the package of changes.

The city’s Public Safety Advisory Commission, which reviewed the regulations, decided against recommending a policy on fishing at the lake that might conflict with state Fish and Wildlife regulations. The city’s police department warned against lifting the alcoholic beverage prohibition at city beaches."

The water in Elsinore (Natural Freshwater Lake) belongs to the state (A basic principal of California water is that all the fresh water in the state’s lakes and streams belongs to the public at large.)

The water and the fish are a resource of the public. You cannot impose those regs on state waters because you are limiting a public resource. Small city ponds are a different story.

Credibility: See bold....
    One of the faults of our system of governing is Federalism. Or as I like to call it, "Locals know best." Locals don't know best in my opinion!!! However, in reading the article I interrupted the local governing body didn't want to impose rules that MIGHT conflict with state rules. In other words, "lets not rock the boat." Could they have imposed new regulations and got away with it?????? I think IF they really wanted too, they could have got away with it!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-07-2016 at 02:40 PM.

They just stocked catfish yesterday. Good luck !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast