Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts...

Default Thoughts...

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has dies. Any thoughts?

Goodbye to one of the great vestiges of what this country is supposed to be. I am very very saddened by this horrible news. Thank you Justice Scalia for defending the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. You will be dearly missed. Had the great privilege to see and hear him speak at an event at the Claremont colleges years ago, spellbinding talk with a great sense of humor. RIP

It's sad when any one dies unexpectedly!!!! Yet is the country better off with a Conservative Supreme court or a Liberal one??? On a slightly humorous but true note. What is poor Clarence Thomas going to do now????? When it came to voting, he would look to Scalia and say me too!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-13-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's sad when any one dies unexpectedly!!!! Yet is the country better off with a Conservative Supreme court or a Liberal one??? On a slightly humorous but true note. What is poor Clarence Thomas going to do now????? When it came to voting, he would look to Scalia and say me too!!!! lol
    We are screwed, Oloser is licking his chops, now he will try to stack the court with more liberal slime.

Class act etucker you are a size 8 ******** at least.......no respect for the dead, none...azzhat..

So, typically a president will not nominate and SCOTUS justice in an election year. Bad form I guess.
    If Obama chooses too, it is likely the senate will not confirm.

Scalia was a excellent justice and responsible for the Heller descision confirming the 2A applys outside the home.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Class act etucker you are a size 8 ******** at least.......no respect for the dead, none...azzhat..
    In any way shape or form how did I insult the memory of justice Scalia???? I made fun of Longdong silver, (who is not dead) you know the guy who "NEVER ASKED A QUESTION IN HIS LIFE" about any of the cases!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-13-2016 at 08:35 PM.

If I wanted to be a DICK, I would have mentioned the worst decision that court made with the worst results in the last 15 years. What was the decision they made????? Giving the election to George W. Bush instead of letting them count all the votes. (which Gore actually won) That decision is horrible on many fronts!!!! First of all it made the WRONG person President!!! Secondly it was a Non Precedent decision!!! (since when do they do that!!!!) I'm not going to mention all the things Little Bush screwed up on, But I will mention one decision Gore would not have made. Invade Iraqi after 9/11, which cost us thousands of causalities and a Trillion dollars spent. Only to replace Sadam with ISIS. That was a great exchange!!!! D/S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-13-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    So, typically a president will not nominate and SCOTUS justice in an election year. Bad form I guess.
    If Obama chooses too, it is likely the senate will not confirm.

Scalia was a excellent justice and responsible for the Heller descision confirming the 2A applys outside the home.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought reagon elected one in an election year.

You are right^^^^^^after 2 denials by the senate.
    Another thing to think about is that the senate is currently on recess.
    It was said on one of the political shows that the president could potentially nominate a judge without senate approval.
    Don't know how true this is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast