Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: any good spots to fish this weekend 2/13/16

Default any good spots to fish this weekend 2/13/16

Any good spots to fish this weekend? I went to Ralph Clark Lake last Saturday I didn't even get a bite. What's the best rig for trout fishing?

Carolina rig powerbait, mini jigs/very small slugo or jerk-it. I love inline spinner baits but they seem to only get bit at first light or just before dark in the local lakes. I don't trout fish anymore though, unless I'm camping and I get hungry.

Default Craig Regional Park

Quote Originally Posted by cowboys94 View Post
    Any good spots to fish this weekend? I went to Ralph Clark Lake last Saturday I didn't even get a bite. What's the best rig for trout fishing?
    Try Craig Regional Park this weekend, there was a 300lb stock of bigger tailwalker trout there on Wednesday. Carolina rig is the best setup for trout fishing most definitely. Good luck out there.

Awesome thank you I will check out Sunday appreciate it

Thank you don't know what's the name of the set up I use I remember my grandfather & grandmother showed me when I was little. Basically it's egg or split shot then swivel then lead line then straight hook or treble hook. Is that a good set up for trout fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by cowboys94 View Post
    Thank you don't know what's the name of the set up I use I remember my grandfather & grandmother showed me when I was little. Basically it's egg or split shot then swivel then lead line then straight hook or treble hook. Is that a good set up for trout fishing?
    You got it, yeah you'll be good