Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kick the Dead Horse

Let's switch this around and bring it to a more recent act instead of hundred plus year old crap none of us on this page even had a hand in. What about Beyonces atrocious act advertising violence and hate just a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Who said I'm ignoring anything? That was NOT what the post was about you idiot. It was about the confederate flag and my opinion and views due to what I have experienced. What is your background to be an expert on people you know nothing about a**clown?
    As for self loathing, You don't know me. Go back into the closet racist jack***. It appears that Trump has emboldened all of your type to step out of the closet for a minute while you can to spew as much BS as possible.

DEVOREFLYER sums it up very well without the ridiculous assumptions that you seem to want to hurl around like a monkey flinging poo.
    "And at the end we have divergent opinions of the flag and it's meaning, nothing more and nothing less."
    " all of my type"
    "racist jerk *** "
    I see self loathing hurts, take it from me, it's okay for you to be a white boy without sucking up.

I would highly recommend that all take the time to read about the reasons on both side that why the Civil War was fought. The North was not a saint and neither side can make the claim you can pick up a t**d by the clean end.

Why The War Was Not About Slavery. And one should really review the references at the bottom of the article. Especially Lincoln's notes, writings and speeches.

http://www.scv.org/pdf/Livingston.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I would highly recommend that all take the time to read about the reasons on both side that why the Civil War was fought. The North was not a saint and neither side can make the claim you can pick up a t**d by the clean end.

Why The War Was Not About Slavery. And one should really review the references at the bottom of the article. Especially Lincoln's notes, writings and speeches.

Most know the facts, it's only poverty pimps and the revisionist history crowd that will not face facts.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post

The only problem with your claim about the war being about more than slavery is it's false. Slavery was the only thing included in most of the secession documents. Read them and understand slavery was at the heart of secession...

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    The only problem with your claim about the war being about more than slavery is it's false. Slavery was the only thing included in most of the secession documents. Read them and understand slavery was at the heart of secession...
    The winning side writes the history book. When the north realized that they were going to win the war they wanted to make it look as if they were the good guys of the war(I'm not saying they were or were not the good guys)

Default Facts

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    The winning side writes the history book. When the north realized that they were going to win the war they wanted to make it look as if they were the good guys of the war(I'm not saying they were or were not the good guys)
    Again, read the documents of secession. They are all about slavery. The so called reason of states rights are merely invoked to defend the institution of slavery. You need to read. These documents have nothing to do with what the winning side put forth as the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    Within 20 years or less after the North had won the Civil War. They became almost apologetic to the South for winning, hence allowing the poor whites to take over and starting their segregated but unequal treatment for the Black man.

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    Again, read the documents of secession. They are all about slavery. The so called reason of states rights are merely invoked to defend the institution of slavery. You need to read. These documents have nothing to do with what the winning side put forth as the reasons.
    I would like to add the South believed in International Economics. They wanted to sell their cotton to the whole world (the US alone wasn't a big enough market) in doing so they must have slave labor to do it. (or at least they thought they did) The North didn't quite feel that way. (hence the conflict started)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-12-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Iin doing so they must have slave labor to do it. (or at least they thought they did) The North didn't quite feel that way. (hence the conflict started)
    But I thought Professor Devore said that the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery though.

I dunno about you, but I tend to believe the guy who has the Confederate Flag flying high as his avatar.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast