Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Serious question...

Default Serious question...

For Willow beach, or Katherienes Landing, when is the bite generally on the rise? I'm glad that I went up there at this time, the super slow fishing, cold weather, and high winds forced me to really slow down, rest and collect my thoughts. It was a very tranquil time, and for the vast majority of the time there were no people, distractions, cell service, or any noise other than that of nature and the low rumble of my motor when trolling. For my next adventure however, I want to feel shear heart pumping adrenaline as my drags are screaming, I was advised that this trip was far too early, so when would be the optional time for the fish to become active (Bass - striped, large mouth and small mouth)? I have a pretty good idea about the catfish as they are most active in warm water and at night. If my memory and my information is correct, the So Cal lakes get really active for the LMB late February, and mid March for Silverwood. Am I correct on that?
    I went ahead and bought both the annual pass for Katherienes Landing and an Arazona non resident fishing license, therefore I do intending on spending possibly 1 or 2 weekends a month there throughout the year, or at least until the lake lice drive me out.
    Any information on the dangers of fishing out of Blyth starting in June, with the obvious exception of the heat, I am a little concerned about damaging my new boat, from hitting slightly submerged objects, as I posted earlier, my friend tore off his motor fin plate and demolished his propeller, fortunately that was the extent of the damage, no structural damages and the boat did not sink! I want to avoid all damages and am therefore concerned about launching out of Blyth. Those possible damages are on the negative side, and on the positive side is the short drive and the alleged abundance of catfish...
    Last edited by Durdy Daug; 02-07-2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Spellling