Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-spawnin'

Stinkbait...my memory aint what it used to be. I stand corrected. Your reports were excellent. But dang.....the dvl board used to be nonstop action..shore guys...swimbaiters....trollers..tourni guys..trout guys...rental guys...now its darn right lonely

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    , but you should check a rental out at the lake.
    Oh Husker Rod.

I'll let you respond to this....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Oh Husker Rod.

I'll let you respond to this....
    I wonder if old #29 is still in the fleet. But my fav was the rental you had with the gapping hole in the front. I kept my eye on you guys and the old dallas cowboys jacket all day for a possible sinking ship rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    I wonder if old #29 is still in the fleet. But my fav was the rental you had with the gapping hole in the front. I kept my eye on you guys and the old dallas cowboys jacket all day for a possible sinking ship rescue.
    Hey, apparently you can't catch fish on a rental.

(Cept the 100 fish days, of course )

Hey, apparently you can't catch fish on a rental.

(Cept the 100 fish days, of course )
    My best was only 50 on a day that was 110 degrees in the shade if you could find it with gail force wind crshing over the bow. Nope...np bilge just a sponge and bucket

The only thing I can speak to is the Johnsons still running strong. Two left. All the rest are now mercs. I prefer the Johnsons. Hit or miss with the mercs with the exception of one or two. Fresh welds and patch strips on most of the seams of the rental fleet.

I was shore fishing it in its hay day or shortly after.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 02-10-2016 at 08:29 PM.

My best was only 50 on a day that was 110 degrees in the shade if you could find it with gail force wind crshing over the bow. Nope...np bilge just a sponge and bucket
    We all miss those days.

Thats why we grin with the "new" DVL reports.

Where's Kwin?

I remember back in the day they were white Johnsons...no mercs. I saw a guy one time on a rental scanning to his left. His buddy was scanning to the right. Unfortunatly no one was looking straight ahead as they drove straight up onto the shoreline and right out of the lake with five foot of clearance from the back of the boat to the lake. After some head scratching they got the boat off dry land and back in the drink. Heck..they even got their full deposit back..no damage
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 02-10-2016 at 08:47 PM.

We all miss those days.

Thats why we grin with the "new" DVL reports.

Where's Kwin?
    Their was a biologist even before Quinn that was the dvl guru. I forgot his name but he had big plans for DVL.

Their was a biologist even before Quinn that was the dvl guru. I forgot his name but he had big plans for DVL.
    Yeah, Guisti high tailed it when he had a chance.

Hard to give an interview when you say your biggest goal is to eliminate stripers from invading, and a few years later the stripers invaded.

Id high tail it too and leave others to clean up the mess. I wouldn't blame him either.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast