Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-spawnin'

Don't worry its easy.... keep your back to the water cast up hill the baby dolphins are chomping these chatter bait right off the rocks and brush piles

Glad the drama is back at DVL. It's quiet in my neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by youronecastshort View Post
    Don't worry its easy.... keep your back to the water cast up hill the baby dolphins are chomping these chatter bait right off the rocks and brush piles
    You guy's are having a little fun with what I wrote. (that's cool) But I do have a serious question!!!! How many Rock Piles does DVL have in 20-30 feet of water??? The reason why I ask, that sounds to me a pretty vague description of a spot or spots in the lake the size of DVL.

You really wanna know is no there aren't many rock pile left the lake is so low that we are almost fishing a silt bottom

Quote Originally Posted by youronecastshort View Post
    You really wanna know is no there aren't many rock pile left the lake is so low that we are almost fishing a silt bottom
    Ok, so that was valuable information put out.

etucks,

Aren't you the city park catfish guide?

What you doing on the DVL section?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    etucks,

Aren't you the city park catfish guide?

What you doing on the DVL section?
    If you really most know, I did want to share my disinformation idea where it might be most useful. We all know that Bass and Trout stream anglers are the most protective anglers of their spots. (the spring spawning season is just around the corner) It can be argued that disinformation is one of mankind's most valuable tools in keeping secrets. Think D Day Europe, the Allies made the Germany's think the landings were going to be in the pod of Cali instead of Normandy. By being successful the Allies saved 10 of thousands of lives and shortened the war!!! I always wondered why people would get mad at someone for saying anything about a certain fishing spot. When all's you have to do is put a few bogus reports out there and have people chasing their own tails. So the next time a real report comes out with tooo much information. The kind of people who would use that information for their own selfish use, "WOULD THEN DISREGARD ALL THE INFORMATION THAT'S PUT OUT THERE!!!!" It just so simple, "I don't know why other people didn't think of it!!!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-10-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    If you really most know, I did want to share my disinformation idea where it might be most useful. We all know that Bass and Trout stream anglers are the most protective anglers of their spots. (the spring spawning season is just around the corner) It can be argued that disinformation is one of mankind's most valuable tools in keeping secrets. Think D Day Europe, the Allies made the Germany's think the landings were going to be in the pod of Cali instead of Normandy. By being successful the Allies saved 10 of thousands of lives and shortened the war!!! I always wondered why people would get mad at someone for saying anything about a certain fishing spot. When all's you have to do is put a few bogus reports out there and have people chasing their own tails. So the next time a real report comes out with tooo much information. The kind of people who would use that information for their own selfish use, "WOULD THEN DISREGARD ALL THE INFORMATION THAT'S PUT OUT!!!!" So simple, "I don't know why other people didn't think of it!!!!!"
    You add a few spaces there and your post reads just like your old nemesis, the message board mosquito, hookd. Normandy? Allies? The War? Jesus H. Christ....

Is there anything else you wanted to add in regards to fishing DVL in the Spring or are you going to ramble on?

Wanna catch pre-spawn bass at DVL? Set yourselves in waters that are adjacent to spawning territories, whether they be points adjacent to big coves, or stream beds that lead into coves. Start at 30 feet, with the lightest jig possible, that you can still control/feel with your outfit. For me, that's usually 1/4 ounce tungsten finesse jig, including the trailer. If you start catching bucks, step back a dozen feet or so and see if the females are right behind them.

Once you find the correct depth and structure, you should be familiar with the entire lake (GPS maps, structure maps, etc) to find similar structure.

Once you find the depth and structure the fish are feeding at, then it's time to run the gamut to find out what baits they're gonna eat. They may be focusing on smaller baits which is when the drop shot may be broken out, or they may be seeking baits that have a bigger profile. This is when trailers become important, because trailers give the appearance of a big bait, without having to chuck a 3/4 ounce jig out there like you're fishing for lingcod.

Since I've given the board advice for DVL during the spawn, perhaps I'm gonna get blacklisted like eTucker has in our local city park arena.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 02-10-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Dammit Shadow their you go again. Actually providing useful information on a "fishing site that is supposed to provide".............useful information.

You know their are guys out there keeping real quiet that are slaying fish in rentals absolutely hoping and praying that DVL never opens to private boats again.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Ughh...first good DVL post in weeks and Im not even sure if it was a legit good post or not...ughhhhh
    You didnt like any of my winter reports?
    I thought they were good.
    I know you are a owner, but you should check a rental out at the lake.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 02-10-2016 at 07:36 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast