Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Carbon Canyon Regional Park Report 2/5 (afternoon) and 2/6 morning

Default Carbon Canyon Regional Park Report 2/5 (afternoon) and 2/6 morning

Hit up the lake on Friday evening, many had limits before I arrived according to my brother. We had decent luck and made off with 4 nice sized trout. My boy caught a 3.5-4Lb trout all by himself just before we left. Saturday morning bite was good for many on the shady side of the lake but slow on our side (dry side). PB was effective and micetail as well, overall great fishing but the line snaps and snags can take a toll after awhile. Tight lines guys and I wont be active on the threads for awhile because my wife and I are expecting a baby girl next week : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikiZk8lhc0U my sons trout
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JacobTrout.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	47728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AnthonyTrout.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	47729  
    Last edited by georatm2011; 02-07-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by georatm2011 View Post
    Hit up the lake on Friday evening, many had limits before I arrived according to my brother. We had decent luck and made off with 4 nice sized trout. My boy caught a 3.5-4Lb trout all by himself just before we left. Saturday morning bite was good for many on the shady side of the lake but slow on our side (dry side). PB was effective and micetail as well, overall great fishing but the line snaps and snags can take a toll after awhile. Tight lines guys and I wont be active on the threads for awhile because my wife and I are expecting a baby girl next week : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikiZk8lhc0U my sons trout
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Nice catch you guys. Awesome!

Great to see the little ones out there, future anglers!

Default Heck yeah

Quote Originally Posted by B@$$[P][M][P] View Post
    Great to see the little ones out there, future anglers!
    Thanks, my boy loves to fish and I don't ever help him at all. He knows what he's doing out there. Hopefully my 3 year old gets into to it more and my baby daughter fishes when she gets older. Thanks guys

Good to see some happy kids fishing.

Nice! I went Sunday around mid day and saw a few trout caught. Biggest one I saw caught was about 2 1/2 lbs. I ended up catching one about 2 lbs. Not bad after breaking of several times in the snags.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc89 View Post
    Nice! I went Sunday around mid day and saw a few trout caught. Biggest one I saw caught was about 2 1/2 lbs. I ended up catching one about 2 lbs. Not bad after breaking of several times in the snags.
    My friend went Monday and caught two as well, he lost 2 due to the snags, nice little pond they got there

Quote Originally Posted by georatm2011 View Post
    My friend went Monday and caught two as well, he lost 2 due to the snags, nice little pond they got there
    It is a nice little pond! Does any one know if they restocked the Bass back in there??? 20 years ago this lake was a hidden gem for Bass. It would be a shame if the Bass weren't restocked!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-09-2016 at 03:42 PM.

nice report... nice pond +congrats..... tried my luck but got SKUNKED and even lost more $$ x3 in jigs there than i paid for parking..... yeah snag city like the reports above... them kastmasters $4 each and with 2lb line nearly impossible to save when hit all that stuff in the lake...... cudnt find them? all gone? herons and comorants searching as well. another local regular who was there skunked aswell.......so nice quiet fishing but no takers today.. didnt see any visible trout , mosquito fish , or any fish watsoever from the shoreline although lake has good visiibility....