Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Few hours of morning fishing 2/6/16

Default Few hours of morning fishing 2/6/16

A few of my friends wanted to go fishing this morning at Pyramid so I decided to join them. Due to a prior engagement, I could only fish until 10:00 AM so I made the most of it. None of us have a boat, so we fished from the shore by the docks for the boat rentals. I called Pyramid on Wednesday and asked if they were stocked for trout recently. The lady I spoke to said they hadn't been stocked yet but they were supposed to be stocked some time this week. I also asked at the booth this morning when we got there and the lady there said they were stocked this past Tuesday so I thought there would be a decent chance of some action.

Unfortunately by the time I had to leave, none of us had any bites to speak of.My friends used frozen anchovies, sardines, worms and swimbaits. I used powerbait trout worms on my trout pole and tried a spinnerbait and jerkbait.

I don't get to go fishing very often, so hopefully I'll get to go again soon because this didn't feel like a proper trip lol.

Thanks for the report, good to hear about Pyramid even if it's slow. If they did stock on Tuesday, it's not surprising that they would have all been dispersed (or eaten) by Saturday. The one good thing about fishing there this time of year is the peace and quiet, as the lake lice is generally gone, especially if you can go mid-week.