Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would keep this a secret but.....

Default I would keep this a secret but.....

You're welcome. We are still gonna have that talk........
    Last edited by sumodnb; 02-25-2016 at 06:56 PM.

How much does it cost to fish there? I went to the website but it wasn't very helpful.

Pokerfish,

$15.00 - 14 years and up
    $9.00 - 4 to 13 years

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    I don't fish trout. While the DFG short stocks all the lakes here in Socal, Fisherman's Retreat has been stocking 1500 pounds every stocking...500 in the members lake and a thousand in the top lake. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the place, thats about twice the fish that guasti stocks in a pond about half the size. I was there this morning, apparently they stocked yesterday for the derby today. I pulled up around 7am and people had already limited out with really nice fish. The grounds look really nice as well, kudos to the new management team for reviving this place. As for myself I got 1 fish, but it was a nice fat 3lb bass on a chikara mid runner, so I left satisfied. Be back soon, see you guys out there.
    About half the size of Guasti and twice the fish? Sounds like shooting fish in a barrel..not my thing..but others def. might enjoy

I'm not a fan of the crowds, but the heavy stockings open up the swimbait bite on the top lake, so on non derby days you can grab a few big fish chunkin trout imitations. Personally I fish the middle lake 80 percent of the time, it has ample cover, is twice the size of the top lake and it is not stocked so all the fish are naturally occurring. It also has well defined areas so you can usually pinpoint where the fish are by migration patterns. It is also free of bait and waiters, usually, so you can roam the shoreline freely. My personal favorite bass fishing spot in socal.

Middle lake sounds cool. Is it surrounded by condos or country side? Thanks for info.

No, its a small pond in a small community/rv park. But its groomed for the bank fisherman, a really cool spot. People like to talk smack about that place but any bass angler who frequents the place will tell you there are some PIGS in there.

Someone just PM'd me, telling me I am ruining this place and I should delete my post..... IF YOU KEEP IT A SECRET IT WILL CLOSE IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you know the retreat was on the verge of being drained 2 years ago????? The current management SAVED this place! Like I just told him... If you want a private pond BUILD ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    Someone just PM'd me, telling me I am ruining this place and I should delete my post..... IF YOU KEEP IT A SECRET IT WILL CLOSE IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you know the retreat was on the verge of being drained 2 years ago????? The current management SAVED this place! Like I just told him... If you want a private pond BUILD ONE.
    Way to stick to your guns... wait what was the name of the place again?...

PS. This post is for entertainment purposes only, I don't really care to know but I am curious what or who changed your mind.
    I have gotten angry PMs about too many details in my reports too but never deleted any...
    Last edited by twin22s; 02-26-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    Way to stick to your guns... wait what was the name of the place again?...

PS. This post is for entertainment purposes only, I don't really care to know but I am curious what or who changed your mind.
    I have gotten angry PMs about too many details in my reports too but never deleted any...
    I too find it sooo funny that people complain about reading about fishing on a fishing website!!! If it bothers them soo much to read about their favorite fishing hole on the internet. Don't read the website!!!!!! Trust me, you'll feel better not knowing people are talking about your lake!!!! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast