Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Yikes a tourney???

Default Yikes a tourney???

Hi forum, I'm curious if anyone knows whats up with this tourney. Cool online flyer and such, intentions seem great, but no buy in amount + no check in time + 1st annual + 3am-8am checkin the only rules posted online? Is this 100% payout? Am i crazy for being skeptical as to if this is a legit fun way to spend saturday or if it's even worth the drive from Vista? I was initially enthusiastic but upon further review is it just not a good time for my 1st trip to SARL? I'm a float tuber with a touch of past tournament success (not at sarl obviously) so any info is appreciated. Thanks fellas and ladyfolk!

Great talk everyone. Nobody knows anything and maybe it didn't happen. Got it.

Um, I didn't see this or I would have replied. Was it posted up on another board and then moved? Try the lake anyway, doesn't need a tournament for them to plant lots of trout and heavy ones, too. Just be prepared for a zoo on Fridays and Saturdays after the Thursday plants (they close on Thursdays). Fish Mondays if you can, or even Sundays. Santa Anas make it just about unfishable from anything floating, and they usually will keep you on the shoreline if the wind is blowing.
    Good luck!

Thank you Marley! I just found it crazy to approach 200 views and nothing. I plan on checking it out either way but was concered that if there was indeed a tournament that it would be even more of a zoo. I appreciate the info sir!

You are welcome! You've got PM...