Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late night skunk at DPH 2/5

Default Late night skunk at DPH 2/5

There are no pictures, just some good intel.

Hit the harbor for the evening high tide, fished from 7-10pm, from the pier to about halfway down the jetty. 2 bites that felt solid, had a dink on the line for a few seconds but fell of coming through the feather-boa. It is thick along the rocks out there. I should have brought my punching gear but I was able to get a heavy jig into some good holes. Water needs to warm up and the tide to be higher, it was only 3.58ft at its max. Both big bites came on the jetty about halfway to the end, one on a black and blue swim-jig with Colorado blade trailer, other one on a finesse jig with a black curly tail. There were definitely some fish out there but not many hungry ones. The warmer stable weather for the next few days should kick something up, just gotta hit the right place at the right time. My bet is a early AM high tide bite, pick your favorite spot and get out there in the morning. 6ft high tide at 7:10 am sat, similar situation Sunday big high tide in the morning. If anyone wants to hit up the Dana point harbor let me know ill be out there.

Excellent intel!
    Thanx

Dan

Thanks for the report. It has been very slow there the past two time I've been there. Yes. The warmer weather should help the bite. Only problem is we also need rain.