Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Prado Lake

Default Prado Lake

RIP Prado 2016 Bass fishing season...and for anything else if it matters!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prado1.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	47716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prado2.jpg 
Views:	635 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	47717  

Quote Originally Posted by sevenout View Post
    RIP Prado 2016 Bass fishing season...and for anything else if it matters!
    Wtf?....wut happend ther?

Yeah, WHAT happened here? I didn't realiz prado was being drained...
    Did a search and all I found was this... But 2/12 doesn't look realistic to me!

Regional Parks will begin a maintenance and enhancement project around the lake at Prado Regional Park.

The lake will be closed for fishing and boating beginning January 31, 2016 and for the duration of the project. We anticipate having the lake open February 12 for fishing.

We'll be DOUBLE-stocking fish before reopening.

For more information call (909) 387-2757

There was a leaky pipe a few years ago. They were gonna drain it then but they patched it up. Total bummer. Hopefully they do some good bass stocking in there. There was some big fish in there. Hopefully when it's refilled that helps the water clarity. The past few years I haven't seen the water as clear as it used to be

This lake had its peak before with 6 foot visibility, less cattail/tules around the perimeter, & sunken structure/tires.There was a great bass population, and a ton of shad. Some other guys caught a bass near 10 lbs. I fished this lake hard in 2000-2002. When they drained the lake to this level before it killed everything off. Hopefully their maintenance will include cleaning up the shoreline on the backside, and making it fishable. The management cares more about the grass field for the soccer games than the fishing which is a shame. RIP PRADO