Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ralph B Clak this Sunday

Went there last weekend action was slow but I talked to a guy who fishes there a lot and he said to use natural color drop shot and jigs.

The thing I've noticed with etucker is that no matter the subject, whether it be fishing or politics in the general section, he always justifies things by saying "well other people do it so who cares?" Just because other people do it doesn't make it ok

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    The thing I've noticed with etucker is that no matter the subject, whether it be fishing or politics in the general section, he always justifies things by saying "well other people do it so who cares?" Just because other people do it doesn't make it ok
    Really?????? I don't think I do that!!!!!! Point it out to me some time, because I don't have that as a philosophy I follow. Maybe I'm just trying to be nice, I could criticize most people on a lot of things but I try not too!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So you're doing it because you didn't get hugged enough as a kid. I get it.

The way you talk about 'head honchos' ending up in "your back pocket" pretty much backs up my previous statement. I take it, people like hugs, even virtual ones.

Point taken.

Just realize that others that actually do put in hard work to pin point city bites and stockings probably don't take it too kindly when you're giving up information that normally takes time and effort, to individuals whose only effort is to type in the website on their browser.
    When some one is fishing in your back pocket and keeping the fish. They will ruin your WFO bite even though you're C&R them and it doesn't take keeping very many fish to do that. Let me explain, when you're on a big group of catfish and your C&R all of them. Every time you release one he goes back to his buddy's and the big group stays together. That's how I get a 50-100 fish days. (It's not so much your catching the same fish over and over again) Your keeping the big school together!!! Now someone shows up and keeps 10 catfish, your WFO bite goes away pretty quickly. When you release a catfish and he can't immediately finds his buddy's he's now lost and swims away in a different direction. (thus scattering the big school) That's why I'm so protective of any one getting on my fish!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-06-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    That's why I'm so protective of any one getting on my fish!!!!!!
    etucks,

The point with this conversation is that you shouldn't be giving out free information, because those that put in work may not agree with you.

Yet, your sentence above says that you're "protective of any one getting on your fish?" Yet you're the first one posting here about what specific date/time a lake gets stocked. Yet, you're trying to protect 'your' fish. But because there's that one person who's keeping the fish, it's now your responsibility to let any person who has access to a computer, on when a stock has occurred? Please tell me you misspelled a word there.

Here's a start bud. Read my first response. That'll assist in making sure you're "protecting" your fish.

etucks,

The point with this conversation is that you shouldn't be giving out free information, because those that put in work may not agree with you.

Yet, your sentence above says that you're "protective of any one getting on your fish?" Yet you're the first one posting here about what specific date/time a lake gets stocked. Yet, you're trying to protect 'your' fish. But because there's that one person who's keeping the fish, it's now your responsibility to let any person who has access to a computer, on when a stock has occurred? Please tell me you misspelled a word there.

Here's a start bud. Read my first response. That'll assist in making sure you're "protecting" your fish.
    In the Code of a Park there is a hierarchy of secrecy of information or at least there should be. I'll give you what I believe is the hierarchy. Bass say little or nothing!!!!! Catfish tell only your closest friends. Trout who cares????? Why because the damn cormorants are going to eat them or disperse them in 3 days or less!!!!! I felt I honored that code, but because people are really paranoid and I have sooo much fun on the computer. (I can argue I have the most fun on this website) I was deemed a security risk and cut out of the information loop. It's ok, the one thing I learned about fishing & hunting, is you must always be looking for new lakes and streams because nothing last forever!!!! RIP Irvine lake, Corona Lake, LNL, and my favorite the WFO park catfish bite.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-08-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's ok, the one thing I learned about fishing & hunting, is you must always be looking for new lakes and streams because nothing last forever!!!!
    Yeah, partly because random strangers give other random strangers free information on the Internet, not knowing what type of anglers those strangers are.

Go figure.

Sure, it's ok for that person to find another lake or stream, since they never did any work in the first place to find their first spot after logging in here and getting free information. What about the litany of anglers that did put in work? I'm sure they feel extra special knowing they also now have find another lake or stream to fish, because free information was put on blast for the world to see on an internet message board, and their local lake or stream got overrun, even though they spent countless hours pounding the pavement.

Yeah, partly because random strangers give other random strangers free information on the Internet, not knowing what type of anglers those strangers are.

Go figure.

Sure, it's ok for that person to find another lake or stream, since they never did any work in the first place to find their first spot after logging in here and getting free information. What about the litany of anglers that did put in work? I'm sure they feel extra special knowing they also now have find another lake or stream to fish, because free information was put on blast for the world to see on an internet message board, and their local lake or stream got overrun, even though they spent countless hours pounding the pavement.
    It's funny about random strangers. It's a little like on line dating, exchange a few emails and if you like them meet in person. I've made 3 GREAT friends on FNN!!!!! A shout out to Phillip, Ken and Jared and some others I'm very friendly with. Just think of all the other people who have probably meet here on FNN, the list could be a very big list. It's not like I'm posting the exact date the Bass go on their beds (I could but I never would) to any one who reads FNN. I guess if some people want to walk this earth alone that's their choice and right. Me I love people and all the fun you can have with them!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-08-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12