Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ralph B Clak this Sunday

Default Ralph B Clak this Sunday

Since the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend, I'd thought i would head out fishing with my brother. Maybe we can get lucky and bass will be pre-spawning. Wanted to see if anyone would.be out there and would like to meet up? Im bringing my Mystery Tackle Box?

Quote Originally Posted by clos_fish05 View Post
    Since the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend, I'd thought i would head out fishing with my brother. Maybe we can get lucky and bass will be pre-spawning. Wanted to see if anyone would.be out there and would like to meet up? Im bringing my Mystery Tackle Box?
    Since I have officially been black balled from the lake, saying any thing about the lake won't get me in any more trouble. lol The fish are probably still in pre-spawn mode but that lake Bass population goes on the spawn before anyone else's do. So fish accordingly!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Since I have officially been black balled from the lake, saying any thing about the lake won't get me in any more trouble. lol The fish are probably still in pre-spawn mode but that lake Bass population goes on the spawn before anyone else's do. So fish accordingly!!!!! lol
    Thanks for the advice

Hey etucker,

I'm still learning. .. would you mind filling me in on spawning? Good or bad time for fishing? When does it happen? What to expect? If you're not up for it, no worries. Have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mishawn23 View Post
    Hey etucker,

I'm still learning. .. would you mind filling me in on spawning? Good or bad time for fishing? When does it happen? What to expect? If you're not up for it, no worries. Have a great weekend.
    Send me a pm, I still want to keep my man parts!!!!!! lol

LOL... How did you get black balled from Ralph B?

I used to live over there a few years back and I fished there a lot before I got my boat. That lake gets so much pressure it can be tough. It seems the only way to catch a decent fish was to fish the beds, which I don't like to do anymore now that I know better. There are some really nice catfish out there, but you gotta hit those ninja style with fresh shrimp.

This time of year I would throw a bluegill pattern dropshot worm.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppa_Jack View Post
    LOL... How did you get black balled from Ralph B?

I used to live over there a few years back and I fished there a lot before I got my boat. That lake gets so much pressure it can be tough. It seems the only way to catch a decent fish was to fish the beds, which I don't like to do anymore now that I know better. There are some really nice catfish out there, but you gotta hit those ninja style with fresh shrimp.

This time of year I would throw a bluegill pattern dropshot worm.
    I got Black balled from the regulars (or taken out of the loop) because of my association to FNN. It was said, "that I talk too much on the computer." So I couldn't be trusted!!!! In reality I said very little or nothing especially important and NEVER anything about the Bass. There would be times, I would see a #7 Bass come out of there everyday for weeks and I said nothing!!!! I use to fish there 100 days or more a year for the catfish, so everybody knew me. So when a surprise stocking would go into the lake I use to get word about it. "Not any more!!!!!" lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-05-2016 at 12:32 PM.

It was said, "that I talk too much on the computer." So I couldn't be trusted!!!! In reality I said very little or nothing especially important and NEVER anything about the Bass. There would be times, I would see a #7 Bass come out of there everyday for weeks and I said nothing!!!! I use to fish there 100 days or more a year for the catfish, so everybody knew me. So when a surprise stocking would go into the lake I use to get word about it. "Not any more!!!!!" lol
    I dunno...If i was one of those individuals that pounded the pavement and put in hard earned work and more importantly, time, to pin point bites, regardless if it's as simple as knowing when a stock gets put in, and someone else was giving that hard earned information for free on the Internet and trying to build a rep from it, I'd be a bit peeved.

Not that I'm saying that their point of view is completely right, but how do you not understand their point of view, eTucky?

You're acting like the CityPark martyr, and it's effin hilarious, personally. Get off the cross. There's a line waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I dunno...If i was one of those individuals that pounded the pavement and put in hard earned work and more importantly, time, to pin point bites, regardless if it's as simple as knowing when a stock gets put in, and someone else was giving that hard earned information for free on the Internet and trying to build a rep from it, I'd be a bit peeved.

Not that I'm saying that their point of view is completely right, but how do you not understand their point of view, eTucky?

You're acting like the CityPark martyr, and it's effin hilarious, personally. Get off the cross. There's a line waiting.
    I've got a defense for that. When it came to the catfish I was the man!!!! All the local Bass guy's did switch over to the catfish when they were planted. The head honcho (bass guy) ended up in my back pocket on every plant. He let me do all the work in finding them and then conveniently fished right next to me every time. (I couldn't say much, he was the head honcho) But I did tell him at the end of the season, "he didn't have to do any of the hard work in finding them just camp out where I was at. That should have least been worth a phone call!!!!! lol I wouldn't have put up with that at any other lake!!! In fact at the other lakes, I was very protective of finding the schools of catfish and letting the Raiders in.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-05-2016 at 04:03 PM.

I've got a defense for that. When it came to the catfish I was the man!!!! All the local Bass guy's did switch over to the catfish when they were planted. The head honcho (bass guy) ended up in my back pocket on every plant. He let me do all the work in finding them and then conveniently fished right next to me every time. (I couldn't say much, he was the head honcho) But I did tell him at the end of the season, "he didn't have to do any of the hard work in finding them just camp out where I'm at. That should have least been worth a phone call!!!!! lol
    So you're doing it because you didn't get hugged enough as a kid. I get it.

The way you talk about 'head honchos' ending up in "your back pocket" pretty much backs up my previous statement. I take it, people like hugs, even virtual ones.

Point taken.

Just realize that others that actually do put in hard work to pin point city bites and stockings probably don't take it too kindly when you're giving up information that normally takes time and effort, to individuals whose only effort is to type in the website on their browser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast