Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Worm blades and boredom equal...

Default Worm blades and boredom equal...

I hide the swivel inside the bait to give it a more compact and seamless look. Take the section you cut off the end of the bait and cut it to the size of the swivel, then using a hook and line thread it through the swivel and then the small section of plastic. Slide the section over the swivel while pulling the line tight then attach the blade. I went a step farther and melted the plastic back together with a lighter. I'm hoping to catch a few fish on these this weekend. At the very least I had fun in the garage playing with my toys.

Awesome bro! So there is no line attaching the swivel to the hook? Maybe I read it wrong. Those look like they will be killer for just about every kind of fish, fresh and salt. Where are you planning on using this? I wonder if you'll get short strikes.. fish grabbing the tail? This gives me an idea for crappie...

Only thing holding it on is the screw lock in the plastic. I plan on fishing these in the salt for bass and halibut. I don't get many short strikes fishing blade trailers on swim-jigs so I don't think that will be a problem. I got the idea from a guest on The Scott Martin Challenge show. He just replaced the paddle tail of a swimbait with a worm blade and was nailing bass that were up chasing shad. Durability is going to be the biggest issue, a lot of work just to have my first short halibut tear it to shreds.

Yeah I saw that same show,made a lot of sense to me,can't wait to see your results,I may try it on a couple 4-6" swimmies for the salt.

Cya Tuna Vic

First test, swam like a dream. The blade made the back half of the bait wiggle very nicely. However, I wasn't able to get the bait to stay down while fishing in the harbor, but that's not really the point of the design. I think when the Calico and sandies are suspended on the reefs and kelp beds I'm going to need to have a bunch of these pre-made... I will try these out again in the harbor with heavier heads and maybe lighter line and see if I can get it in front of a spottie or a halibut.

PS. switched to a DS rig and landed 2 halibut sat afternoon.