Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thnigs are starting to pop at Perris Boys and girls!!!

The bite got tough over the weekend that was for sure... I had a tourney there on Saturday and had high hopes as practice was stellar... well in the tourney only managed 3 keepers out of 4... and we also had 4 shorts... That ended up being 6th place... It was tough... that being said... I look for it to get good again by the end of this week... Its wanting to go WFO... any day now!!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    I was there this Sunday and saw the temp get to 57 by 11am. Didn't catch any bass.
    Thanks

My son and I are hunting for our 1st ever LMB. We've hit Perris a couple times even renting the skiff and trying the rocks and tires.

We're gonna go out again this Sunday and rent that skiff. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? I mean should I head for the dam 1st then the rocks? Should I go and anchor at tire etc.

I've got all the baits, plastics, cranks, spinners, jigs etc. I just wanna catch a bass.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

City Angler,

I haven't been to Perris in quite awhile; but I was taking with a buddy in my bass club yesterday and asked him if he'd fished Perris laterly. He said he was out there last Sunday and found some big bass up tight. He said everyone else was fishing deep but he and another buddy in my club got them up tight on a worm. I asked him what color and he said it was a custom pour that he had for many years. For Perris, I have never done poorly on purple or a green pumpkin / watermelon colors.

Good Luck, Perris should be turning on pretty quick now. The warm weather should start them looking shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    City Angler,

I haven't been to Perris in quite awhile; but I was taking with a buddy in my bass club yesterday and asked him if he'd fished Perris laterly. He said he was out there last Sunday and found some big bass up tight. He said everyone else was fishing deep but he and another buddy in my club got them up tight on a worm. I asked him what color and he said it was a custom pour that he had for many years. For Perris, I have never done poorly on purple or a green pumpkin / watermelon colors.

Good Luck, Perris should be turning on pretty quick now. The warm weather should start them looking shallow.
    Awesome thanks man!

City Angler,

How did you do Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    City Angler,

How did you do Sunday?
    Well we didn't catch anything. We were there between 8-12am. Great conditions, water looked awesome, was warm outside but no bites.

We're rookies though, I'm sure someone can get them to go but it wasn't us.

I saw one bass caught on the west side of the tire reef. A lot of boats out there fishing too.

Talked to the guys at the marina and he said give it a couple more weeks and they'll start popping.

CityAngler,

Check your Private Messages.

I just sent you one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12