Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thnigs are starting to pop at Perris Boys and girls!!!

Default Thnigs are starting to pop at Perris Boys and girls!!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!! I hope everyone is in good health and doing well.. AND I hope that everyones New Year has been full of tight lines and bent fishing rods....If not, then maybe this post will either inspire you, to get out there and try some different stuff, or, to give me a call so you can book your trip with me to kick off your 2016 bass fishing season!!!

So after one of the most up and down, roughest most grueling Winter fishing seasons in 8-10 years the Bass at Lake Perris are beginning to wake up people...

This Winter the water temps at Perris hit lows they hadn't seen in EASILY 7-10 years... that and the extremely healthy Thread fin shad population this winter... made the bass bite one of the most frustrating, grueling, humbling, roller coaster Winters in recent memory..
    At its lowest this Winter when I put the boat on the water the water temp was a chilly 48 degrees... Which would would have been okay if we would have been having the same temps the last several Winters.... But simply put...WE HAVENT... which in turn threw the bass into a funk of epic proportions. Until now that is...

Over the last week the bass at Perris have begun to wake up so to speak... at least in my boat.. I started out on Monday grinding away and found pretty good success capped off when I caught a SOLID 7 lb 2 oz Perris big girl...

I then went out the next day and fished exaxctly the same way and tried to duplicate what I was doing the day before...and it worked!!!

So I went out on Wednesday to try again for just a couple hours and boom...I found them again still chewing...

Then I went home that day and told my wife that I finally found a solid couple patterns.. She has been going through some medical stuff the last couple weeks but finally felt up to getting out there. So I took her back out to Perris... we put the boat on the water and off we went... When I stopped and put the troller down I looked at her and said... "YOURE gonna catch a giant today!!!" then we began casting.. It didn't take long for me to find them as I set the hook on a solid Perris bass.. Then a few casts later...BOOM Im on again.... we fish around after that for about 30 minutes with no more bites so I repositioned the boat and BOOM... My wife was hooked up... a solid 3 lber!! The the very next cast...BOOM...shes on again and its a good one she says!!
    She gets control of it and I actually got the net out for this one... I net it.... BOOOOM.... GIANT!! We weighed it and it went straight to 8 lbs even!!!! We weighed it 2 more times and each time it said 8 even... Nice job Carissa!!!!!

All of our fish were caught in 25-30 ft of water... on both plastics and reaction baits...

Here are a couple pictures of the two big ones this past week...

Carissa's 8 lber!!!

My 7 lb 2 oz..

Guys if you're ready to start off 2016 with a guide trip.. CALL ME ... And Ill get you out to Perris in search of Giants like these!!!!! They are starting to eat... call me and Ill get you out there and show you the ropes... Im working all parts of the water column right now and having success on Reactions and Plastics but I have a couple pretty strong patterns going..

CALL ME!!!!!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
    (909) 510-5679 office
    (909) 241-8283 cell

Thanks for the report Pete.

No problem... just trying to spread the word about the bite picking up FINALLY!!! It was a tough Winter..

Call me and book your trip guys!!!

Lets go fishing!!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
    (909) 241-8283 cell

Dang! Nice basses Pete. So does Carissa get a family discount or do you make her pay full boat? Lol, nice work.

haha.. bro . she has a way of making bring her for free... lol

Pete

any trout in that lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneshirofamily View Post
    any trout in that lake?
    Just the normal stockers here and there , think they have had around 6 plants so far .. saw a few feeding around the Westside of the Island ... Pansize

I'm hoping with these warm days that the water temp is coming up as well. Was out a couple of weeks ago and average temp was 53.5. Anyone been out there in that last couple of days and know where it's at?

I was there this Sunday and saw the temp get to 57 by 11am. Didn't catch any bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    I was there this Sunday and saw the temp get to 57 by 11am. Didn't catch any bass.
    Ditto out on sat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast