Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Ol' SWAT Guy Gets The SKUNK!!

Default Ol' SWAT Guy Gets The SKUNK!!

I fished the LB area today from 6:15 AM until 8:30 AM before finally throwing in the towel of surrender!
    It started raining side-ways at about 7:30 with the winds picking up!
    The weather conditions didn't discourage me ... just the lack of fish presence did. It beat sitting on the couch at home ... anyday!!!!!

I don't know what to say ... I showed up for some thumps and bumps ... but the fish never got the memo!! Haha ha!!
    No birds, no bait and no fish .... nothing! Just side-ways blowing wind and rain.
    Well that makes two days of being SKUNKED for me ... and now I'm even more determined!

Bottom line .... there really aren't many sights as spectacular as our stormy SoCal coast line!

I hope my next posting will have tales of tails for all of you to enjoy.

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 01-31-2016 at 09:00 PM. Reason: sp

Hi brother Dan:

This is by a long way one if the best skunk reports ever

I laughed. I cried. It was a rousing tour-de-force. I give it a thumbs up, way way up!!! FOUR stars for Ol' SWAT Guy Gets The SKUNK

I'm really looking looking forward to the next installment in the, "Ol' SWAT Guy" series. I'm predicting the next ones gunna be an EPIC with lots of action, tons of extras (fishys), and another great storyline

Blessings to you brother Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 02-01-2016 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Grammar- I gots gooder grammar than yous gots

I hear you man!! It was a rough weekend out there. I know up in ventura we had 7-10 ft waves and once the waves died down a little the wind picked up. So yeah I ended up with the skunk to

For what it's worth, I've yet to catch a fish this year from the surf. Every time conditions start to get fishable, the wind, rain, or both kick back in,
    and set it all back to waiting again. ultimately, conditions will come around eventually, and fish will again be had, but the waiting is the hardest part!

Unusual post for any of you S.W.A.T guys,just goes to show it happens to all of us at times!
    No worries,I know you and your team members will succeed soon,always enjoy seeing how well you guys do in the surf.

Cya Tuna Vic

yeah, what anchor3n1 said...

are the perch ever gonna come back????

Thanks for the report.

I was itching to get out myself on the coast but took a detour and fished locally for trout.

The weather turn pretty nasty and helped me make the choice to pack my things and head home.

Love reading all the SWAT members post. I know that for a fact you will have a redemption report and put a slaying to them fishy.

Always have fun and stay safe out there.

Brother Dan,
    I'm right there with you for my last 2 trips....
    It's okay though. I got a pretty good look at some possible future, " halibut holes ".
    Take care and thanks for the report,
    Robert
    <><

Smile

I haven't hit the surf in the New Year yet myself Brother Dan... been so crazy busy.
    Hope to see you at the Gathering of Eagles my friend.