Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Times up! Planning to get my rear out to "Katherienes Landing" leaving Thursday!

Well I did go, had to bury my Niece this week, spent some time with my thoughts, wind was high at Katherienes Landing and I had to turn back after just 30 minutes, big swells and white caps. Stayed in the tent the whole day reading and just collecting my mind. Mike met up with me Thursday night, as he started his day at Willow, there it was calm and smooth, we decided on driving up to willow Friday morning, fished for 5 hours with nothing biting or even metering. Called it a day, slept early, then Saturday, we both launched, after spending 30 minutes helping a fellow angler with motor problems, got them squared away and began trolling an AC gizzard shad for 3 hours, no bites, I dropped down a U rig as well off the other side of the boat, trolled both for another hour or so, the U rig got bit, landed #1, dropped the rig back over the side and instantly got bite #2, landed that one as well, dropped back down after turning around to hit that same mark, got #3 bite, landed it, dropped the rig and #4, pulled it up to the boat, it came unbuttoned, then it was like a light switch, no more marks and no more bites for the remainder of the day. Trolled till dark, trailers the boat and seen Mike in the lot with a strange look on his face... turns out that while I went down river, he went up to Hover, water levels low and treacherous, busted off the fin on the lower motor housing and mangled his prop... and even worse, he had no bites. Thought day, tough trip, tough week!

I hurried my Neice this week, she died suddenly and totally unexpectedly. I went to the river afterword, and had a lot of solace, I was reminded how short life can be, how Death does not discriminate, rich, poor, sick, healthy, young, or old... I am reminded that today is a gift, tomorrow a possibility. None of us mortals know what the future holds, therefore, tell those you love, like, and even respect, just how you feel. Tell them often and from the heart, you will have fewer regrets once you or they are gone. Yesterday is over it is past history that no one can change, but today, and only today, for as long as you can call it "today" that we can work on, that we can change, that can and will have a direct impact on tomorrow.
    Forgive, Love, and be Loved.
    For those who cannot forgive; try having the log removed from your own eye, so that you can better help get the sliver out of their eye.

Glad you got on some fish! Sorry to hear about your loss. Whether its fishing from a boat on a lake, float tubing, or walking the surf, the water always has healing powers. Glad you were able to mourn and reflect on the water.

the stripers your caught any size to them? If you had questions of best time of year, go to the acplugs forum. If willow, you can try to time your launch around trout stockings maybe a day before if its consistent stockings

Currently the trout hatchery is out of commission, recommended to use gizzard shad AC plugs. Do you know what size of Berkeley side snap swivel to use?

What do you mean side snap swivel? I use plain snap swivels.

Dsrttortise

AC plug site recommended Berkley side snap swivels, 60#. Do you have any info on current fishing conditions out of Blyth? I want to catch some catfish! Tried Arazonia twice this month and nothing, too cold, and the wind was blowing pretty hard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12